Outlier Dictionary of Chinese Characters

alex_hk90

状元
Firstly, thanks to all involved for the new update - some very interesting new Expert entries. :cool:

One thing I noticed is that some of the rarer characters are not showing up for me (on Android) - do I need to change/install a different font that includes them?

Screenshot using the example entry from the latest blog update:
Screenshot_20201223-221701_Outlier.png

JD

榜眼
@Ash: any chance you could share the changelog for the latest update? I’d like to see which entries have been updated. Thanks.
The Outlier email to Kickstarter supporters lists these entries specifically for the Expert edition
============

We've just released another 55 Expert entries for those of you who have the Expert Edition. We also updated a few of the Essentials entries and added a few. There will be more new Essentials entries in the next update.

You should get the update automatically in Pleco. If not, you can go to Menu > Add-ons > Updated and update your copy there.

Here are the 55 new entries:

Traditional: 丁七戈國個戌成耒或甘舟木个田甲十穆么行子豕番六女幺西要和于疒經力採肩新家方禾心必釆采介城角域巠信矢古審壬曰固盾

Simplified: 丁七戈國戌成耒或甘舟木个田甲十穆么行子豕番六女幺西要和于疒力审肩新家方禾心必釆采介城经角域信矢古壬曰固国盾

There's some really interesting stuff in there, so be sure to check them out if you have the Expert Edition!

Last edited:
Firstly, thanks to all involved for the new update - some very interesting new Expert entries. :cool:

One thing I noticed is that some of the rarer characters are not showing up for me (on Android) - do I need to change/install a different font that includes them?

Screenshot using the example entry from the latest blog update:
View attachment 3458
Works fine on iOS tho.

The Outlier email to Kickstarter supporters lists these entries specifically for the Expert edition
============

We've just released another 55 Expert entries for those of you who have the Expert Edition. We also updated a few of the Essentials entries and added a few. There will be more new Essentials entries in the next update.

You should get the update automatically in Pleco. If not, you can go to Menu > Add-ons > Updated and update your copy there.

Here are the 55 new entries:

Traditional: 丁七戈國個戌成耒或甘舟木个田甲十穆么行子豕番六女幺西要和于疒經力採肩新家方禾心必釆采介城角域巠信矢古審壬曰固盾

Simplified: 丁七戈國戌成耒或甘舟木个田甲十穆么行子豕番六女幺西要和于疒力审肩新家方禾心必釆采介城经角域信矢古壬曰固国盾

There's some really interesting stuff in there, so be sure to check them out if you have the Expert Edition!
Thanks for posting this. It would be useful if they posted such info on their blog as well for others to see...

Thanks for posting this. It would be useful if they posted such info on their blog as well for others to see...
Yes, at this point it is like finding a needle in a haystack. Hopefully those promised monthly updates will be here soon. Starting to wonder what is going on or if there will ever be more than a few hundred entries. Hopefully, I will proved wrong next month.

Toom

秀才
In tests, it'd be nice to be able to click on the links to see the information in a popup on Outlier cards (like in the normal Outlier cards dictionary entries)