Outlier Dictionary of Chinese Characters

JD

榜眼
I don't understand the pricing of the Outlier dictionary. I seem to have Expert and Essentials. The latest upgrade to Essentials would cost me $19.99. Is that correct? Just asking. I had assumed that buying the dictionary would include the upgrade. Not complaining, I just don't find it clear.
It's a one-time purchase where you automatically get the upgrades. If you aren't getting the upgrades, there might be something amiss with your Pleco account (purchases not synched with your ID, etc)

Ash

进士
I don't understand the pricing of the Outlier dictionary. I seem to have Expert and Essentials. The latest upgrade to Essentials would cost me $19.99. Is that correct? Just asking. I had assumed that buying the dictionary would include the upgrade. Not complaining, I just don't find it clear.
No, that's not correct. If you buy Essentials, you only have to buy it once. All future updates to Essentials are included.
If you have Expert, that includes Essentials and Expert. Also, you only have to buy it once. All future updates to Essentials and Expert are included.
The updates should happen automatically.
Go to the 話 entry, if you see a blue button with a white S (for iPhone) or just an S (Android) to the left of, "In 話, 言 "speech"... in the component breakdown, then you already have the update. If you click on the S, you'll see the system data.
Pleco is working on fixing the S button for Android.

MMarks

举人
Thanks, JD and Ash, that's what I was wondering. Pleco is showing me I need to pay for the upgrade.
There's nothing to the left of that (iPhone).

MMarks

举人
Actually, it looks as if I have been able to download the updates without paying. The original $19.99 was assuming I had bought Outlier Mini. The "S" has now appeared! The update was not automatic. Thanks for the confirmation that I don't have to pay.