3.2.x Bug Report / Feedback Thread

ctop

秀才
Thanks - should be coming soon, we were holding off waiting for Apple to reinvent key input in some crazy way for Catalyst but now that that's out and we know the system is the way it is, we can work with it.

Well, this is almost two months now. Is there any news about this feature? I'd love to be able to use the keyboard

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
They did not actually reinvent key input so now we’ll probably ship a quick and dirty something or other in 4.0 and hope they give us some clarity in a future OS update.

lukema

When using the Guifan dictionary (and likely other Chinese-Chinese dicts), the find-longest-dictionary-entry-starting-with-clicked-character algorithm doesn’t stop at the boundary between definition and example sentence.

thanks for the otherwise perfect app!

AFF3FB20-698E-402F-A390-C25A152A0D49.png

Not sure if you’re aware of this, but Day Start Time in the Card Selection menu for flash cards has been broken for a while. The controls work but the screen just shows white, so you have to guess where the buttons are to change the time.

Another flashcard bug: when you tap Manage in the Profiles menu and then tap on a profile to edit, it plays the slide-over animation twice. It doesn’t affect usability much but is a visual annoyance.

lau

秀才
hi pleco team,

want to report a bug for:
- device: Ipad
- pleco version: 3.2.48

problem:
when using flash card, fill in the blank, prompt for pronunciation, the answer inputed ()would be always wrong.

*I attached the picture

Let me know if you want to have more information / have any suggestion about this.

Attachments

• IMG_0702.PNG
    IMG_0702.PNG
    430.8 KB · Views: 355
  • IMG_0703.PNG
    IMG_0703.PNG
    430.6 KB · Views: 338

Shun

状元
Hi lau,

this may be due to a misunderstanding. Are you entering just the tone numbers or the entire pinyin syllables with tone numbers at the end? In this case, you would have to enter "bo2" in the first field and "bo5" in the second field. Is that what you did?

Regards,

Shun

lau

秀才
Hi Shun,

Ahh ya, I misunderstand how to answer them, my bad. So I just entering the tone numbers without the pinyin, which is why it is always false. Now I know how to do this in the right way. Thank you very much!

Therefore, please ignore the post, as it isn't a bug.

Regards,
Lau

lau

秀才
just report minor bug, there is some weird characters when searching in Chinese using alphabet (only for 開 I guess) but the weird characters doesn’t appear when searching using han zi, below the screenshoot.

B2D42760-1BE6-4CE2-8F18-B924AE1001CD.png
01674B7F-C820-493C-A9E5-4CF0D3B422EC.png

lau

秀才
happy to help :)

Btw Mike, I have a little feedback for the pleco Ipad edition, on the flash card feature, when using external keyboard. So it is about the submit button (pictures attached below ya).
- So to submit the flash card (check answer) it is possible to use the key [enter]
- But to go to the next card, it isn’t possible to use [enter], I think there isn’t any keyboard button that could

hope this could make the software better :)

45231ACD-BE65-4A07-8D52-0E398DFEBD70.jpeg03CECFD9-A5A3-4A99-8F7F-501096A0A21D.jpeg

Alexis

状元
Just noticed an issue with mixed character/jyutping search.

Mixed Character / Mandarin Pinyin search works fine. ie. if I search for "多xie", it will display 多谢 in search results.

However, if I mix Characters and Cantonese Jyutping for the same search it gets stuck. ie. if I search for "多ze" it will get stuck on "多則" (Mandarin Pinyin: duōzé). If I search for "多zesaai", it will get show single character results for "多". Whereas if I search for "doze' or "dozesaai", it correctly looks up "多謝" and "多謝嗮", respectively.

Alexis

状元
I just noticed the stroke order for 覽 seems to be a bit off. It jumps back and forth between the left and right side components when drawing.

danm

I'm currently encountering a problem with my flash cards: Every time I click on Backup Database and then on save (no matter the file name/path), the app just crashes.

Everything else works fine and I haven't noticed any data corruption. I have, however, been using the Backup/Restore Database feature about a dozen times over the past weeks to move between the Android version on my Mac (via BlueStacks) and the iPhone app, so far it's been working smoothly.

Is there a way to fix this? I may just restore an old version and lose a couple hundred repetitions but the same problem may arise again in the future.