3.1.2/3 Bug Report / Feedback Thread

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Hmm... looks like an intermittent bug here in 3.1.2, actually; sorry about that, should be fixed shortly. Thanks for bringing it to our attention.

etm001

状元
I'm just tried splitting a flashcard category into subcategories, using the "sequential" option. So, if I have 10 cards and choose to split them into 2 categories sequentially, category A should have cards 1-5, and B cards 6-10, right? This is not the behavior I'm seeing when trying to split a 70 cards into subcategories of 12 cards each. At the moment, I have not idea what logic was used to split the cards (it's definitely not alternating).

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Just checked it here and it seemed to work fine - could you possibly send me a backup database file that exhibits this behavior?

etm001

状元
Just checked it here and it seemed to work fine - could you possibly send me a backup database file that exhibits this behavior?

I sent a copy of my database to support@pleco.com. This is what I expected based on a set of 71 cards, which creates 6 subcategories. (the [ ] indicate what I'm actually seeing):
  • Sequential
    • Part 1: 1-12 [19,39,40,43...]
    • Part 2: 13-24 [1,2,3,4,11...]
    • Part 3: 25-36 [5,6,7,8,9...]
    • Part 4: 37-48
    • Part 5: 49-60
    • Part 6: 61-71
  • Alternating
    • Part 1: 1,7,13... [2,5,14,21,27...]
    • Part 2: 2,8,14... [3,8,16,22,28...]
    • Part 3: 3,9,15... [9,11,17,18,23...]
    • Part 4: 4,10,16...
    • Part 5: 5,11,17...
    • Part 6: 6,12,18...
So I'm not quite sure how to make sense of this. Thanks!

Last edited:

Alexis

状元
When I go to help for the first time: 404 Not Found error: URL /manual/30103/basictut.html
It's fine once I click the home button

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
@etm001 - thanks, investigating now.

@Alexis - yeah, that page doesn't exist in the new manual yet so if the manual viewer was last on it with the old version then it would try to return to that page and fail.

yoose

探花
on the favorites bar, I added last reader document. I copied some text to the clipboard and saved that to a document. The document name shows up in the favorites area, however when I press it, it brings me to the clipboard with the most recent copied text instead of the document. it seems like the name in the favorites area is taken from the most recent document, but the actual content is taken from the most recent documents under the left sidebar->reader->recent documents

is this how its suppose to work?

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
No, it's supposed to only bring up the last document - must be a glitch in how it's retrieving the top item from history, thanks.

JD

状元
When I use the ABC dictionary and try to see the "pop up" item that describes the parts of speech (TOPO, SUF, BF, etc), they come up with the top half cut off. I have to scroll up to see the top. Then when I let go, they "bounce" back off the screen again.

Last edited:

JD

状元
I'm seeing a lot of entries that appear to be "split" instead of grouped together.

For example, if I search for 知, I get two "sets" of entries for "zhī". Some of the dictionaries are shown in the first, and others are shown in the second. I see similar things for 都 and many other characters.

Here are two screenshots.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    228 KB · Views: 458
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    271.5 KB · Views: 450

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Thanks - I'll double check these specific entries but I believe this is mostly a database issue; preparing updates for a few of those that should address it.

JD

状元
Thanks - we've had one or two other reports of this one but are still trying to nail it down.

I was trying to get a good screenshot to post of the cutoff ABC items and realized it's related to Night Mode. I only see the problem with Night mode (dark screen) and not when I switch to Day Mode (light screen).

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    486 KB · Views: 469
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    546.4 KB · Views: 492
Type "chufengtou" into the Search field - looks like there is a bit of a trad./simp. conversion issue for the 出锋头 entry in PLC...

Shun

状元
In version 3.1.3, about every tenth time I switch from a Flashcards session to the Dictionary and back, the flashcard session rounded rectangles would get truncated, forcing me to end the session before it is finished. This is on an iPhone 5S running iOS 7.1. My flashcard database is already more than 7 MB big; I imagine Pleco might not get the data from it fast enough. (just a wild guess) Thanks.

Last edited:

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
What type of test is this? (test type + subject fields) Also, when you switch into the dictionary are you opening the keyboard or handwriting recognizer or neither?

Shun

状元
It's one of the following:

- Self-graded: Headword is displayed, pronunciation and definition are asked for
- Fill-in-the-blanks: Definition is displayed, headword is asked for

I believe it was always in Self-graded.

When in the Dictionary, I usually looked up words with the keyboard.