The PlecoDict Beta Feedback Thread

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Moving those files could certainly help, yes. The refreshing issue probably has something to do with the font files; if you try moving those to INTERNAL you might get a speed boost without giving up too much free space. And do try the 1.0.3 update, that might help with some T5-related crashing issues as well as the oft-discussed TX/Z22 ones.

lpayzant

I see that a font problem with fang2 (house) dates back 6 years. I just transferred my license to a new Axim. I downloaded everything from your website to install on the new Axim and this font problem has just appeared. I did not have the problem on my old Axim. The new one says I am using version 2.0.4 - the same as I was using on the old one.

The original thread, I was referring to was posted by "Jianchuanbrit" on April 9, 2005.
-Linda

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
lpayzant said:
I see that a font problem with fang2 (house) dates back 6 years. I just transferred my license to a new Axim. I downloaded everything from your website to install on the new Axim and this font problem has just appeared. I did not have the problem on my old Axim. The new one says I am using version 2.0.4 - the same as I was using on the old one.

We switched to an open-source font for our Windows Mobile software which renders a few characters unconventionally - for cost-saving reasons we couldn't justify continuing to pay hefty annual license fees for a font we were only using on WM.

However, you can easily substitute another Chinese font (say the SimSun one that's built into Windows) that uses a rendering style that you like better; open up Pleco, choose "Quit" from the "Dict" menu, then use File Explorer to look into you SD card's Pleco folder (\\Storage Card\Pleco); you should see a font file there called "ZYSong." Delete that font file, copy over another Chinese font you like better to the same location (e.g. using a memory card reader), and rename that one to "ZYSong" and that should get Pleco to use the font when you relaunch it.