Limit Flashcard Test Length

I enjoy using the Pleco flashcard plugin to improve my knowledge of characters.

However, after a week or so with the default settings the test can take me 2 hours or more. I often don't have this much time.

The only way I have found to limit the test length is to limit the number of cards in the test pool.

Is there another way to enforce a shorter test length so that I can still complete tests while working on a large pool of cards?

Thanks

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
At the moment the only way to do that is to exit the test when you run out of time - we don't have a way to set a maximum # of cards for SRS testing since it would kind of defeat the point of SRS testing to not review cards when they're due. We are working on an option for limiting the # of cards in our next big update, but it will actually involve temporarily removing cards from the pool so that the number of cards you're reviewing would match up with the time you have, so I'm not sure if it would help in your case.

One thing you could try would be to go into Card Selection and set the "points per day" to a lower number, say 50 - that would instantly double the interval between reviews, so you'll find you have a lot fewer cards due on that basis. If you find you're forgetting a lot of cards that way, you can adjust the number higher or remove some cards from your review pool.

pdwalker

状元
The other option is to just quit the test and continue when you do have time.

I've set my SRS tests to a day type of "hours" (test settings, card selection, day-type, hours) and I can spread my review out over the day.

How many cards are you reviewing per day? It sounds like you have a lot.