Google ARC Welder

Hey Guys!
For all of you touch screen lovers, touch screen input works with the normal arc welder app now. Some bugs are still there but can be resolved by either pressing TAB or using a mouse.
Makes it great on a surface with a touch screen pen!
There is still no touch screen support for archon though as stated here: https://github.com/vladikoff/chromeos-apk/issues/23
Hope that helps and there might be some further progress on this in the future!
Greetings!

Miguel

状元
Hi guys,
Suddenly my ARChon-Pleco has a problem. Yesterday it was fine but today, without changing anything within my setup, the process "nacl_helper" is using 100% of the CPU whenever I open Pleco. I have been researching how to solve this, tried also doing a complete new install of everything (Slimjet 12, ARChon and Pleco) but that process is still using all the resources of my computer. It happens the same with Google Chrome so it is not related only to Slimjet. I have no idea what may be triggering this behavior and I have been for a couple of hours now trying to find a solution and I've ran out of ideas? Does anyone have any suggestions?
Thanks

Last edited:

Shun

状元
Sorry, I just googled and tried to put things together, but I don't really know enough about the Android/Google Play architecture. Perhaps someone else can help?

Edit: But if you did use Google Play, I would definitely try installing Pleco manually and doing nothing else. Perhaps this will run it differently?

Last edited:

Miguel

状元
I've deleted the chain "usePlayServices" from manifest.json. Still getting the same. Weird thing is that I have updated or modified anything from Pleco, Slimjet or Chrome. Yesterday was working fine...

Shun

状元
Good try. Perhaps something needs to be restarted so that the manifest is read? Or I've read something about sideloading a different Play service. After all, the task which uses so much CPU is a sandbox which Google Play probably uses.

Last edited:

Shun

状元
Weird thing is that I have updated or modified anything from Pleco, Slimjet or Chrome. Yesterday was working fine...

I figure there's the kind of bug that is easily reproducible, and then there's the kind of bug that only happens when some random conditions are met... Perhaps it is loading something from online which is causing this. Anyhow, just wanted to give you some ideas.

Last edited:

Miguel

状元
Thanks for your help. Didn't work with my Linux machine. But I never had that kind of Play services error in ARChon before, so maybe the issue is not related. The same thing is happening with Chrome and Slimjet (different, fresh installations...)

Shun

状元
Thanks for your help. Didn't work with my Linux machine. But I never had a problem with Play services before, so maybe the issue is not related. The same thing is happening with Chrome and Slimjet (different, fresh installations...)

May well be unrelated. You're welcome! Perhaps you could also ask at a Google forum.

Miguel

状元
I've tried in another PC with Mint 18.2 (Ubuntu 16.04) and it is happening the same. My computer has Mint 17.3 (Ubuntu 14.04). The reason why I installed Slimjet was to avoid the constant updates from Chrome causing some kind of malfunctions with my dear ARChon-Pleco. It seems it didn't fully work.:(
Well, maybe the same way the problem appeared out of nowhere, it will fade away the same way. Maybe it is just a funny Christmas' behavior...

Miguel

状元
Mine was always like that. Without the hardware acceleration Pleco would never work. BTW, I haven't been able to find out why my ARchon-Pleco is still consuming so many resources (I have tried in other PCs with Linux Mint and the same thing happens)

DonCachopo

举人
I ´ve installed archon following the instructions of CaptainPlanet, and get these errors in the chrome extensions page:

For Archon:
- 'minimum_chrome_version' is only allowed for extensions, legacy packaged apps, hosted apps, and packaged apps, but this is a shared module.
- Unrecognized manifest key 'arc_build_tag'.

For pleco:
Unrecognized manifest key 'arc_metadata'.

I´m using:

- ARChon 1.2 Stable (ARC 38.4410.120.43)
- The PlecoChrome.zip attached to that post
- The plecodroid-150402p.apk. attached to that post
- Google Chrome Versión 68.0.3436.0 (Build oficial) canary (64 bits)

When I try to launch Pleco with the created shortcut at start menu, nothing happens

Any help?
Thx

EDIT: FINALLY I GET IT WORKING USING THE BETA VERSION OF ARCHON

Last edited:

DonCachopo

举人
What type of tests are you using with non touch screen computers?
I´m with multiple-choice tests, and I´ve configured hotkeys (f1-f5) for each one of the answers

DonCachopo

举人
Mine was always like that. Without the hardware acceleration Pleco would never work. BTW, I haven't been able to find out why my ARchon-Pleco is still consuming so many resources (I have tried in other PCs with Linux Mint and the same thing happens)
Could you solve that? My CPU usage increases 50% when I open pleco-Archon

Miguel

状元
Could you solve that? My CPU usage increases 50% when I open pleco-Archon
Hi DonCachopo (from Asturias I guess;)). I'm afraid I wasn't able to solve it since it seems a problem with the ARChon extension and the project has been abandoned :(.
So I just looked for an alternative solution. My main necessity is that I use many things in Chinese in my computer to study, practice and read. So basically what I need is to sync the clipboard with Pleco. Since I use Linux I have installed in my tablet and cellphone Kde Connect. With this app I just have instant clipboard sync between devices and it works great. So I haven't used ARChon-Pleco for a couple of months.

Other apps that sync instantly your clipboard with your PC are: Deskdock free and Pushbullet (Pro version)

Others that I haven't been able to make them work on Linux but they may work under Windows: Pushy, Clippy, Pidgeon clipboard, Clipboard Everywhere, Pushline, Clipbrd Beta, Clipper Plus with Sync, Uniclip, Clipsync, Snapcopy (some of them are not under development anymore so who knows...).

If you try any of these and work for you, please let us know :)

DonCachopo

举人
Yes, from Asturias (Spain) :D:D:D
I use windows in my computer, and I have my flashcards and scorefiles synced with my phone (android) easily and automatically using eventghost and tasker