Google ARC Welder

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
If Hui/Liang are working then the other voices should too, we just added that alert since a lot of X86-based phones don't seem to run them anymore. (it also applies for people attempting to purchase Hui/Liang) You can buy those voices from our website and install them via pleco.com/androidfiles to get around that alert.

We're planning to stop including x86 code entirely in 4.0, which may actually make the emulation situation easier since there will no longer be an issue of juggling some internal libraries that we do have in x86 and some that we don't - dumber emulators will simply run the whole app in ARM. But honestly the best Pleco-on-desktop experience going forward will probably come from an ARM-powered Chromebook. (or, better still, an iPad with the now-much-more-desktop-like iOS 11)

btw new tts voices are all working (very) nicely with ARChon(!) - after my last comment the update section has been changed - there's no longer warnings or unavailable downloads

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Yeah, it turned out our feature for excluding x86 devices was buggy so we're removed the blocks for now.

Jasfs

Hello, please advise:
I downloaded ARChon and Pleco.apk as per the instructions in Captain Planet's post. However, I am unable to use Pleco on my Windows PC. Whenever I open the app, it is completely grey. In my extensions page on Chrome, there are also some warnings. For ARChon, "'minimum_chrome_version' is only allowed for extensions, legacy packaged apps, hosted apps, and packaged apps, but this is a shared module." + "Unrecognized manifest key 'arc_build_tag'". For Pleco, "Unrecognised manifest key 'arc_metadata'".

Do I need administer privileges for this to work? Either way, are there any solutions? Thank you.

Yeah, I have the same errors, and it loads fine. Recheck the steps Captain Planet gives and make sure you followed them all correctly.

Last edited:

Jasfs

I checked the steps from Captain Planet and re-installed everything from scratch. However, Pleco is still grayed out; it also didn't ask me to select a location for Pleco storage during the first launch. Is the problem because I do not have administrator privileges?

I have attached a picture of what it looks like when I open Pleco.

Thank you.

Attachments

• Pleco.png
    Pleco.png
    95.5 KB · Views: 718
I checked the steps from Captain Planet and re-installed everything from scratch. However, Pleco is still grayed out; it also didn't ask me to select a location for Pleco storage during the first launch. Is the problem because I do not have administrator privileges?

I have attached a picture of what it looks like when I open Pleco.

Thank you.

did you download the Intel x86 Chrome 64-bit / Chrome OS 64-bit version of ARChon? I believe the Chrome 32-bit / Chrome OS 32-bit and ARM (i.e ARM-based Chromebooks) versions of ARChon don't work.

Jasfs

Ah, I see now. No, I did not download the 64-bit versions of ARChon because my computer has a 32-bit operating system. I guess I can only use another emulator to run Pleco?

Jasfs

Thank you for bringing that to my attention. Unfortunately I can't do anything about it, but as you said, it shouldn't be an issue. I'll keep it in mind.

Wan

榜眼
Hi forums

is there a current, stable way to run Pleco on Linux or in a browser? I haven’t tried Arc Welder, Archon, Bluestacks etc in a long time.

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Yeah, we haven't put them on that page yet because they're very big and bandwidth isn't free - we'd really like to limit downloads to people who've actually bought them, and we don't have a good way to do that from that page. (at some point we'll probably tie most direct downloads to My Orders, but that's waiting on a long-overdue website revamp)

I found them in modules and copied them into my Archon files, here are the folder names in case anyone needs them:

1000b302 - Hong
1000b402 - Qiang
1000b702 - Kayan
1000b802 - Kaho