Desktop version?

Fernando

榜眼
we'd probably only think about it after we launched macOS + Windows ports and saw those ports successful enough that we thought we could make our money back from porting to Linux as well

As it stands I don't think there's any app turning a profit on Linux desktop. All the money in the Linux world seems to be on the server side of things. So, short of a complete paradigm shift in the desktop market, I don't think we'll ever see it.

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
No, we're going to do the 4.0 beta on iOS first and decide the schedule for finishing + releasing Mac based on the response to that.

Fernando

榜眼
IMG_0013.jpeg

Fernando

榜眼
Hi Fernando, I've got a feeling that Mike sounds more confident now than a year ago. :)
Hey, I'm pretty sure Pleco 4.0 will exist, no sarcasm. Even Phil in Groundhog Day managed to break out of the time loop he was stuck in when the unseen magical powers ruling the universe were finally satisfied that he had learned the true meaning of love, or the meaning of true love, or smth like that...

Shun

状元
Oh, I meant it totally seriously, I didn't mean to imply you thought otherwise. Mike can't tell us more, but we are all very supportive.

Fernando

榜眼
but we are all very supportive.
Yes, I'm very supportive, but as Master Kong taught us, what the superior man seeks is in himself, the inferior man seeks what's in others. So I think we're all better off letting Mike do his thing on his own schedule.

Shun

状元
Yes, I'm very supportive, but as Master Kong taught us, what the superior man seeks is in himself, the inferior man seeks what's in others. So I think we're all better off letting Mike do his thing on his own schedule.
I'm also very supportive of what you just said.