Desktop version?

Eduardo

I guess things like screen reader won't work on Windows 11 anyway, right? Is it posible for developers to start testing apps now? Mike, now with this announcement, are you thinking on dedicating efforts on full Windows integration for the Android app?

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
I guess things like screen reader won't work on Windows 11 anyway, right?
Extremely unlikely, yeah - would be a huge technical challenge, and in any event the main purposes of the relevant APIs on Android are a) game streaming and b) accessibility and Windows already has its own infrastructure for those things.

Is it posible for developers to start testing apps now?
I believe the first preview is out next week, but it'll be months before it hits consumers and as far as Pleco development is concerned it has to get in line behind a whole bunch of other stuff we're working on.

Mike, now with this announcement, are you thinking on dedicating efforts on full Windows integration for the Android app?
Long way away from that, I'd like to finish 4.0 first and see how people respond to the Mac desktop version of that. I'm not even seeing anything about dedicated APIs for integrating your Android app with Windows, and in any event Android doesn't offer the assortment of APIs to deal with large screens / menus / keyboards / mice etc that iOS does, so it may well be that we can still only offer a satisfying desktop experience with a dedicated Windows port.