Just noticed a missing Cantonese character for pet1 in the following entries:
"pet1 pet1" in GZP
"bottom" in RWC (also for "pet1-pet1")

JD

状元
Just noticed a missing Cantonese character for pet1 in the following entries:
"pet1 pet1" in GZP
"bottom" in RWC (also for "pet1-pet1")

When you are in the Pleco, and you find an incorrect entry, you can long-press on the dictionary name to the right side of the entry. It’ll pop up an option to directly send an email to Pleco and include the specific entry ID of the item. You can then add the info about the problem you see. Very convenient!

lau

秀才
hi Pleco team,

There are some cases were the Chinese character have different nodes, different meaning, but same Chinese character. And in the pop up dictionary function, it doesn’t point to the right tones (I attach some screenshoot for more clarity, the first one show the pop up, the second one show the character with the right tones, which have different meaning).

*I found this happening in Android version as well.

Btw, let me know if you need anything from my side.

Attachments

• 24B57192-1769-48DE-9F89-1E7E60A1DAC1.jpeg
    24B57192-1769-48DE-9F89-1E7E60A1DAC1.jpeg
    710.3 KB · Views: 264
  • 87396D36-DFB3-46A3-94F2-D48816E8FE5D.png
    87396D36-DFB3-46A3-94F2-D48816E8FE5D.png
    207 KB · Views: 279

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Thanks - we don't currently try to match those up; from the reader bubble's perspective you're just selecting a character and it doesn't know it's part of a dictionary entry with a defined pronunciation. We're working on a solution to that for 4.0 but it's extremely hairy / complicated :)

Weyland

探花
Not necessarily a bug... but my the Pleco Reader on my iPad Pro doesn't appreciate my 12,859 page long book. Whenever I turn the screen it starts to, seemingly, reload the entire book, thus crashing the app. Also, selecting characters/words in close succession momentarily freezez the app.

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Is this an EPUB? You’d probably have better luck either breaking it up into multiple files or converting it to TXT.

Have these two disappeared from the store:

· Pleco Cantonese Audio (Female)
· Pleco Cantonese Audio (Male)

They seem downloadable if you've already purchased them but I'm not seeing them in the store on their own.

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Yes, we're not selling them anymore since they were only single-syllable and so we think they're fully supplanted by our Cantonese TTS voices.

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Honestly, a lot of customers were unhappy + requesting refunds because they were so limited; I know some people did like them but it wasn't feasible for us to sell something with that iffy a satisfaction rate.

Shun

状元
Hello Mike,

When searching for an expression in the new Document Reader (a PDF), the characters I searched for aren't highlighted in the document, for both day and night mode. In day mode, I've only seen them light up briefly in yellow.

Could one make it so the highlight stays until the user taps somewhere, to make orientation in the text a lot quicker? Many thanks!

Last edited:
隐居[隱居] in Words.HK has an extra pinyin syllable that doesn't seem to be in the example sentence:
IMG_2578.jpg

出埠 in ABC Canto is missing a zit3 at the end of the jyutping sample sentence

IMG_2577.jpg

timseb

进士
This is for Pleco Android, but I couldn't find a bug report thread there and didn't want to start a new thread just for this problem. This has probably been mentioned before, but I've noticed ABC redirections doesn't work properly if there is more than one matching pinyin entry. For example:

black; dark in yǒuhēi, ànyǒu

Pressing ànyǒu brings me to 暗友.