3.2.x Bug Report / Feedback Thread

lau

秀才
hi Pleco team,

so I tried to import a certain .tsv files in Ipad, but it show "Sorry the file could not be opened", but:
- the Ipad app& sucessfully import another similar type of file / formatting
*Ipad's Pleco version: 3.2.58
- I tried to use Bluestack* to import the troubled file, and it also success importing the file
*Android's Pleco version: 3.2.7

I try to find what's wrong but no luck :(

I attach the screenshot and the file here (I wonder if you could replicate the problem), let me know if you need another info

Thanks

Attachments

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Could be a name length or text encoding issue - does it work better if you give it a simple short name with A-Z letters only? (and a file extension that's just .txt)

Reactions: lau

lau

秀才
Could be a name length or text encoding issue - does it work better if you give it a simple short name with A-Z letters only? (and a file extension that's just .txt)
ahh yes, apparently it is just naming problem. After changing the name and file extension, it successfully import the flash card file.

Thanks Mike!

lau

秀才
Zhuyin Keyboard Input problem
Ipad version: 3.2.58

Hi Pleco team,

So I recently I’ve been using zhuyin. In writing zhuyin, usually you need some combination of character and tones, but it seems it is almost impossible to write the tones in the dictionary search. This is some of the highlights:
- even if the input is right, the tones input won’t appear (i.e. I want to write 罵「ㄇㄚˋ」, after I press 「ㄇㄚ」, then even if I press the tones 「ˋ」, the tones wouldn’t the )
- the netral tone in zhuyin is represented by space (literally “space” is also a formal way to write this, so the word 媽, could be formally written by 「ㄇㄚ 」or 「ㄇㄚˉ」), but the pleco doesn’t seems to recognize the space, or even put the first tones symbol (same problem as before), which apple use the symbol as apple default(ㄇㄚˉ)
- you can put the tones, except the space, it you put all of the key very fast, maybe like press it together. But, this also doesn’t guarantee the sucess of putting the tones
- in flash card test, it kinda hacky, as press enter would transform into the zhuyin into chinese character (han4zi4), so you need to press tab first in the last box, then if there is more than one boxes, the cursor would go to the first box (so if it first box, than to submit need press: tab (cursor move to first box) >> enter (cursor move to second box) >> enter (cursor move to third box) >> enter (cursor move to fourth box) >> enter (submit the answer))

let me know if you need any information ya

Attachments

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Zhuyin input is extremely hacky at the moment, yeah - basically trying to persuade the iOS Zhuyin keyboard to behave in ways Apple didn't intend it to behave. It's gotten progressively worse the last few iOS releases and we haven't figure out a good way to overcome the current problems with it.

We've been hoping that somebody would release a third party keyboard to input Zhuyin directly, which we could then direct people to, but since AFAIK that hasn't happened yet we may have no choice but to roll our own private Zhuyin keyboard in a future update.

Reactions: lau