3.0.0 Bug Report / Feedback Thread

johnh113

榜眼
Dear Mike,
Sometimes different dictionaries show different pinyin tones for the same entry. Prior to 3.0, I could switch dictionaries and see how each dictionary thought the characters should be pronounced. That is, switching dictionaries switched to that dictionary's pinyin and definition. Now it only switches to the next dictionary's definition. I don't know how to compare one dictionary's pronunciation again another dictionary's pronunciation.
John

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Actually, if a dictionary's pronunciation varies from the one in the header it will show that alternate pronunciation at the top of its definition (with a "PY" before it) - is it not doing that?

johnh113

榜眼
Actually, if a dictionary's pronunciation varies from the one in the header it will show that alternate pronunciation at the top of its definition (with a "PY" before it) - is it not doing that?

Dear Mike,
Yes, it seems to be working. My mistake.
John

jacky89

秀才
Hi Mike,

I bought the Cantonese TTS on my IOS6 but I don't see any TTS support. What am I doing wrong? I have TTS working on my Android version which I have the Chinese Text-to-speech installed. Thanks.

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
That's actually Cantonese recordings, not TTS - only plays audio for headwords. We don't have a Cantonese TTS add-on for either platform yet.

Shun

状元
Are you aware of any memory leaks in version 3.0.0? I've noticed that my Pleco runs faster after completely closing and reopening it. Especially the pop-up definitions inside the Reader come up faster.

圣诞快乐!I'm wondering why jīng〔巠〕(the simplified form does not seem to be copy-pastable) is not shown as a component of 经〔經〕, 劲〔勁〕, 轻〔輕〕,etc.

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
afritzse - not aware of any, but we'll double-check; which features do you use the most heavily?

Carl Nilsson - hmm... did you install the (free) extended Chinese font file?

afritzse - not aware of any, but we'll double-check; which features do you use the most heavily?

Carl Nilsson - hmm... did you install the (free) extended Chinese font file?
Yes, it's installed. By the way, how do you say "hmm" in Chinese? 哼 seems to be more aggressive...

Shun

状元

I use the dictionary, Flashcards, and Reader the most heavily, I also often switch from Flashcards into the dictionary and back.

Carl: Maybe it's 嗯?

Shun

状元
I've set Pleco to tint toolbars, I chose a light gray color. In Organize Flashcards, when tapping Edit, the only button that is visible at the bottom is the red Delete button. The others are active, but they're invisible. This is on an iPhone. Thanks.

gato

状元
For the Reader, how is it decided that certain settings are document-specific? For example, I think whether one wants pagination or scrolling should apply for all documents (I personally prefer scrolling), but it's currently document-specific and must be changed individually for each document. The same for font settings.

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
All document-specific at the moment, but there's also a button to make them the defaults in which case they'll apply to any newly opened document. (we're considering moving from single .plecobookmark files to a shared document settings database in a future update, though, in which case it might be possible to have a 'reset to defaults' command also apply to documents that had previously been opened)

gato

状元
I see it now. The "Make Defaults" might be easily overlooked, sitting at the bottom of the page. I don't remember any other reader I've used having document-specific settings. Does it make sense at least to have as a default behavior that any setting change should apply globally?

jasonchan

I keep getting an error about not being a test user account when trying to restore my iTunes purchases.
IMG_0020.PNG

denmitch

探花
Certain documents do need specific settings for readability. All depends on the publisher, I think.
Is the new 3.0 manual ready yet?

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
jasonchan - that's because Pleco has gotten detached from your iTunes account. (common iOS 7 bug, sadly) Delete Pleco, go into the system Settings app / Store, tap on your email, Sign Out, reboot your iPhone (hold down the power button and slide to power off), go back into Settings / Store, log back in, re-download Pleco from App Store and try restoring again.

denmitch - reference portion of it is up at pleco.com/ipmanual - tutorials are still being worked on.