[Unofficial] Feature Request / Suggestion List

Weyland

探花
Only thing that fixed it was removing both from OCR and making them "Search only on fallback". Reconfigured my phone two months ago and reinstalled Pleco, and had been having the issues since then. Not sure how to replicate it. But if I'm the only person dealing with this issue then I guess all is fine as I've resolved it for myself with excluding them from the OCR and using them as a fallbacks.

Are either of these dictionaries marked as "pop-up dictionaries" in the code base and Pleco was prioritizing them? I don't know why they acted up and didn't conform to the sort order.

Cameroon

进士
Sorry, I meant pinyin instead of zhuyin - does switching to that while keeping Cantonese allow you to listen to both?
I found the roots of the problem: that's not zhuyin or pinyin to blame, but ruby text next to the hanzis shown in the header.
Since no separate line of pinyin/zhuyin is shown, hence there's no placeholder for the audio icon. And there's no option to have both ruby and normal zhuyin (it would be rather redundant though).
So finally the feature request might sound as: please make own audio icon for ruby style, even if it's accompanied by Cantonese transcription+audio.
(now, when in ruby mode, even if there's no Cantonese, an audio icon for Mandarin is available, even though there's no separate transcription line shown at all - so the audio icon is there alone. Wish it could do so even in the presence of Canto pronunciation line + Canto audio icon)

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Are either of these dictionaries marked as "pop-up dictionaries" in the code base and Pleco was prioritizing them? I don't know why they acted up and didn't conform to the sort order.
No, there's nothing that would make them be treated any differently than any other dictionary by the reader. Very odd.

Since no separate line of pinyin/zhuyin is shown, hence there's no placeholder for the audio icon. And there's no option to have both ruby and normal zhuyin (it would be rather redundant though).
What about if you turn on "Show Zhuyin + Pinyin"? Does the audio button appear next to the pinyin readings?

Cameroon

进士
What about if you turn on "Show Zhuyin + Pinyin"? Does the audio button appear next to the pinyin readings?
Yes, if I turn on this setting, then pinyin+audio appears. In my specific case, I'd like to get rid of pinyin though as they distract me from reading hanzi instead (zhuyin is harder for me so I instinctively read hanzi first), that's my simple method ))

+yet another feature request; to make possible sorting in the flashcards categories and sub-categories. Now I guess they sort in the order created sorting no matter what setting is selected in sorting method (I think it only influences flashcards themselves but not categories).

Quart

Would it be possible to add a “prompt for tone” option for multiple choice tests? Essentially just showing the correct pinyin/zhuyin letters with several tone combinations to choose from

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
yet another feature request; to make possible sorting in the flashcards categories and sub-categories. Now I guess they sort in the order created sorting no matter what setting is selected in sorting method (I think it only influences flashcards themselves but not categories).
Yes, no current way to sort category names - I'm a little unclear on whether enough people are going to end up with random jumbles of category names to justify adding that, honestly.

Would it be possible to add a “prompt for tone” option for multiple choice tests? Essentially just showing the correct pinyin/zhuyin letters with several tone combinations to choose from
We've had a few requests for this but it's not currently planned for 4.0.

喆文

Hi,

Feature request: (Already requested first in 2016 via another post)
Any chance we could get tone colors for characters in Clip Reader for text copied to clipboard. Example below i.e Clipreader with no tones and dictionary with tones
Screenshot_20220620-184851_Pleco.jpg
Screenshot_20220620-184833_Pleco.jpg

Toom

秀才
Hello,
It would be nice to be able to pick a higher than 200 number of cards for tests (but no "all") like 500 or 1000.
Thanks

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
It would be nice to be able to pick a higher than 200 number of cards for tests (but no "all") like 500 or 1000.
Thanks. (I think we're moving to allowing arbitrary numbers there, at least for some profile types)