Switching Back and Forth Between Windows Mobile and Palm OS

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
If it's stopping at B then that does sound like there's something wrong with the licensing - choose Ordering from the Help menu, which dictionaries are listed under Demo and which under Paid?

ouonomos

Could it be that the required dictionary for the hsk deck isn't covered by my purchase of the complete pleco sw download? Or should I try and move my licence key into my phone again?

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Any Pleco Chinese-to-English dictionary would cover nearly all of the HSK vocabulary, so the most likely explanation is that the dictionary just isn't installed/unlocked correctly. So yes, you could certainly try unlocking again.

If that doesn't help, are you sure you're using the correct text encoding for that HSK file? For the Pocket PC import files you want UTF-8 encoding and not GB.

ProfDogma

Hi, my question is similar (apologies if it has been answered before).

I bought the palm version of Plecodict (basic) in October. Program is fantastic, but not so enamoured with the Palm OS/PDA, particularly when the latest of many crashes lost ALL of the flashcards I'd been building up over the previous 8 months. Hence my wish to change to Windows Mobile. However, I'm willing to wait until Pleco 2 comes out.

So, when I upgrade to Plecodict 2, will I be able to upgrade to the Windows Mobile version of the basic package for just $9.95?

Cheers,

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
The $9.95 is just the fee for adding on the stroke order / audio features, actually, it has nothing to do with platform switching - you can switch to 2.0 on Pocket PC without those features for free, and pay $9.95 before or after the switch to add them on.

ProfDogma

Thanks for the quick response - good news, as my Tungsten has completely died now. Guess I have a month or two to research pocket pc devices before the newe version arrives.... :D