pleco for pc?

naminori

举人
Dear Mike! - As time goes fast.

I see that since my last post already almost a month has past. - During that time I have made some progress to apply the great Pleco tool. The Dictionary functions are very intuitive and I can use them easily.

On the other hand I like the Document Reader very much but I find it rather tough to find my way around it. - It starts already with the Manual. I have commented the problems in an MS Word file - 6.02 - pleie feedback queries 2 - 02.05.21.docx. But, surprisingly, this is not allowed in the attachment function below.

Accessing the Document Reader
Our Android document reader currently works in two modes - the free “Clip Reader”, which reads text on the clipboard or shared with it from a web page, and the paid “File Reader” - available in the “Add-ons” screen as our “Text File Reader” add-on -which reads text in text files. You can access both of them from the sidebar menu.
If you tap on the “File Reader” option and you’ve previously opened another document file with it, you’ll see a popup menu with options to reopen your last file, open a new file, or view a list of recently opened files.
Introduction
The built-in document reader in Pleco helps to streamline the process of reading through Chinese-language documents by making it easy to look up unknown words; you can look up a word in the dictionary simply by tapping on it, instead of having to write it in manually. You can bring in snippets of text from any document via the clipboard, or read entire text files (even very large ones) with the optional Text File Reader add-on.
Clipboard Reader
When you choose “Clip Reader” from the sidebar menu, it’ll bring up this screen, showing the contents of your device’s clipboard (text copied via the Copy command) or, if no clipboard text is available, an introductory welcome message:

There is no Document Reader properly speaking – and
therefore it can't be accessed. – The idea obviously is to say
"Accessing two document reaiding functions".

There is no "File Reader" option on my Android Smartphone.
Maybe there was – but it is now called "File/Ebook Reader".
You may have changed this in the program – but not in the
manual. – And such inconsistencies are very confusing – for a newbie.

Same as above. – No reader properly speaking. But rather the
<built-in> document reading function.

For a newbie like me again confusing.

Two terms for the same function. One only could be better.

This is also not to be attached here - http://www.guoxue.com/shibu/24shi/sangzz/sgzzml.htm

So far I am making very little progress if any in using these functions

What, for instance, with a sample website like this. - https://readmoo.com/campaign/2020/1...sletter&utm_campaign=2011_broadcast_hollywood
How is this to be got into the Clipboard? - Maybe it has to be accessed over the Screen Reader/OCR.
Or these ones. -
http://www.shuku.net/novels/history/csdsgz/sgz.html
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

What I am also not understanding is whether there is a mutual access from the Android clipboard to the MS Microsoft clipboard.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

And in a more general way. - Have you ever taken the time to offer a kind of live tuition to customers, e.g. via TeamViewer.com?

Best regards

Roland Nienerza

Berlin, Germany

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Thanks!

Re the specific feedback:

There is no Document Reader properly speaking – and
therefore it can't be accessed.

We sell a "Document Reader" add-on that consists of this collection of 'reader' functions, so it's appropriate to put them under that one title.

There is no "File Reader" option on my Android Smartphone.
Maybe there was – but it is now called "File/Ebook Reader".

It says "File Reader" if you haven't purchased/downloaded any e-books. I recognize that's a little confusing but I think saying "File Reader (or, if you've downloaded an e-book add-on, File/Ebook Reader)" would be even more so.

How is this to be got into the Clipboard? - Maybe it has to be accessed over the Screen Reader/OCR.

That would generally be the best way to read complicated websites on Android, yes.

What I am also not understanding is whether there is a mutual access from the Android clipboard to the MS Microsoft clipboard.

You mean for copying and pasting text between Word and Pleco? There should be unless Microsoft is doing something non-standard.

And in a more general way. - Have you ever taken the time to offer a kind of live tuition to customers, e.g. via TeamViewer.com?

Honestly we don't have the staff time for that sort of thing. A few other people have mentioned doing Pleco training sessions for their own groups / schools / etc but I'm not aware of anybody doing it for the general public.