Pleco for Android 2.3.11-14 Bug Report Thread

Sgolym

Thank you for the quick reply!
As an example, I imputed the radicals dictionary/flashcards posted recently, and figured that since they're organized by frequency I would study them in that order. My # of limited cards was too close to the total to realize.

If I want to view my new cards in the order I created them, would it be best to use another profile with shared scorefile to introduce the cards by date, then let the SRS profile handle when I see it again? Is there an alternative method to this?

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Sgolym said:
If I want to view my new cards in the order I created them, would it be best to use another profile with shared scorefile to introduce the cards by date, then let the SRS profile handle when I see it again? Is there an alternative method to this?

That would be a good way to do it, yes. Use "Fixed" card selection in that new one and that should give you the cards in your desired order.

ziggy

进士
Dear Mike,

You wrote that one can " configure the software to always display a duplicate prompt (even when the card isn't in your currently selected category) so that you can decide in each case whether or not to create a new card. Configure that in Settings / Flashcards."
I can't find this choice in Settings/Flashcards...Could you please explain how I can get a prompt "card already created" or similar ?

Many thanks,

Feature request :shock:

Please consider appending a date string to the export file name when exporting flash cards. Perhaps with a check box option to do so right under the current "export" button, or on that screen, etc. If you do have a checkbox, then perhaps show the file name that would be created.

I also don't see an option to change the filename of the export file. Although that would be another way to have different exports, I'd prefer the date string, if it's not possible to (also) optionally change the file name.

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
ziggy said:
You wrote that one can " configure the software to always display a duplicate prompt (even when the card isn't in your currently selected category) so that you can decide in each case whether or not to create a new card. Configure that in Settings / Flashcards."
I can't find this choice in Settings/Flashcards...Could you please explain how I can get a prompt "card already created" or similar ?

Settings / Flashcards / Not in category -> Prompt.

stephanhodges said:
Please consider appending a date string to the export file name when exporting flash cards. Perhaps with a check box option to do so right under the current "export" button, or on that screen, etc. If you do have a checkbox, then perhaps show the file name that would be created.

I also don't see an option to change the filename of the export file. Although that would be another way to have different exports, I'd prefer the date string, if it's not possible to (also) optionally change the file name.

That's actually already done by our "Backup Database" command, which is the command we'd generally recommend using if you want to do incremental backups - why are you trying to date-tag export files? Are you exporting them to keep track of changes or are you doing some sort of date-dependent search and reviewing the results or is it something else?

HedgePig

举人
Hello Mike

I picked up what I think is a minor bug when tweaking scoring parameters for flashcards. When trying to adjust the "Quality" settings under "Easiness Change", I cannot enter a negative number as the pop-up numeric pad doesn't have this. I tried copying a "-4" entry but the negative simply disappears when I paste.

I'm using Pleco 2.3.14 (CN Market) on a Samsung Galaxy S3 in case that makes a difference.

Regards
HedgePig

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
HedgePig said:
I picked up what I think is a minor bug when tweaking scoring parameters for flashcards. When trying to adjust the "Quality" settings under "Easiness Change", I cannot enter a negative number as the pop-up numeric pad doesn't have this. I tried copying a "-4" entry but the negative simply disappears when I paste.

I'm using Pleco 2.3.14 (CN Market) on a Samsung Galaxy S3 in case that makes a difference.

Thanks - this is already fixed in the 2.4 betas so it'll be corrected in the release version shortly.