Pleco Desktop

JD

状元
What would be nice for is to be able to not only open the app on my PC or Mac, but being able to copy text (like a sentence) *from* the app *to* the desktop. Is that possible in some way with this scrcpy? A simple Ctrl+C and Ctrl+V method, so to say.

Copy between Apple devices is a default part of iOS/MacOS already. Devices must be on the same network for it to work though. I frequently use copy/paste between my Mac and iPad (into Pleco) and vice-versa. This is not something that works on PC nor Android though.

Last edited:

timseb

进士
Copy between Apple devices is a default part of iOS/MacOS already. Devices must be on the same network for it to work though. I frequently use copy/paste between my Mac and iPad (into Pleco) and vice-versa. This is not something that works on PC nor Android though.

I did not know that, interesting! Unfortunately I do have an Android phone.

enedil

I will probably get little love here, as on desktop I use Linux, but my little comment is, that if you provided .so files compiled for x86 (or x86-64), then running Pleco in a VM would became a lot less painful. Last time I checked and they were only for aarch64 and armv7 (I looked at the Android version).

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
I’m afraid that’s not currently possible - several of the licensed code libraries we use on Android are no longer maintained on x86. (in theory that could be worked around, but it’s be expensive and time-consuming)

trish

I WANT IT ON MY WINDOWS PLEASE. WE WILL PAY, YOU CAN HIRE SOME HELPERS ? ANY GIVE PEOPLE JOBS ? PLEASE AND THANK YOU.

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
This isn't just a matter of hiring people, unfortunately, we'd have to spend a ton of time helping them which would distract from the other work we're doing.

Our basic plan remains release 4.0 -> bring it to Mac via Catalyst -> see if sales for that justify a (much more complicated) Windows port -> Windows port.

Our basic plan remains release 4.0 -> bring it to Mac via Catalyst -> see if sales for that justify a (much more complicated) Windows port -> Windows port.
If sales for that do not justify a (much more complicated) Windows port, there'll always be the option to buy a Mac. ;)

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
I still think the odds are 50-50 that Google and Microsoft come to terms on native Android emulation support on Windows, the run-apps-from-your-Galaxy thing is just the first step.

Daniel C

秀才
@ mikelove: How is Catalyst like to work with in Big Sur? I remember before you complaining about the clunkiness of Catalyst in previous versions of MacOS. I am very much looking forward to a native MacOS app. I find phones and tablets terribly frustrating to use, and Pleco is almost the only app that I have on my phone which I can't access (conveniently) on my computer.

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Better, and iOS 14 added some useful APIs, but for the last few months we’ve been mostly focused on getting a first beta ready with an iPhone optimized UI so we haven’t played around with it that much.