MoE Minnan and Hakka dictionaries

Is there still any demand for the additional items?
I've been caught up with various professional studies which has taken up some of the free time I previously had for this kind of thing.
Yes, there definitely is! I just figured you were busy and didn't want to put you under pressure. After all, you are doing this in your free time, and even without the result being a lot of use for yourself! Big thanks for that!

Well for what it's worth, we've mostly finished implementing support for arbitrary pronunciation systems for 4.0, so it's almost certain that will be included.
Awesome, that should make things a lot easier I guess!

Without dragging out a dead conversation, how is this dictionary installed? I downloaded the files from Github yet Pleco has issues importing it. Is there a thread anywhere to explain the process? Ah Minnan, reminds me of taking Minnan classes at NTU (not very successfully) few years back

Without dragging out a dead conversation, how is this dictionary installed? I downloaded the files from Github yet Pleco has issues importing it. Is there a thread anywhere to explain the process? Ah Minnan, reminds me of taking Minnan classes at NTU (not very successfully) few years back
Settings - Manage Dictionaries - Add User - Existing - select the pqb file.
You need to have the paid "Flashcard System" add-on to have user dictionaries.

Well for what it's worth, we've mostly finished implementing support for arbitrary pronunciation systems for 4.0, so it's almost certain that will be included.
Not at all sure that this is the right place to ask, but what's the current progress in Pleco providing Minnan/Taiwanese dictionary & flashcard production support along the same lines as has been provided for Cantonese?

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Nothing to report on this one either - the user dictionary system in 4.0 will theoretically support arbitrary romanization systems but it may be a bit of a kludge at least at first.