HONG TEXT-TO-SPEECH (ENHANCED)

Ivanoff72

Member
Good day.

I recently purchase the Hong and Qiang text to speech voice.
In the “purchased but not downloaded” appeared the Hong (Enchanted) and Qiang (Enchanted).
The enhanced TTS audio database for Qiang was installed without any problem.
For the Hong Text-to Speach (Enchanted) I'm getting the error:
"Failed; see pleco.com/androidfiles".
Screenshot_20200609-085100.png
But in this folder, I only find the regular audio TTS (55.2 MB), not Enchanted.
My question is, where can I find the correct installation file for the Hong TTS (Enchanted)?
 
Sorry about that - must have been some bad cached CDN data, I've flushed the CDN cache now so if you reboot your phone and try the download again it should work. (if not, let me know and I'll send you a direct download link)
 
Thank you for the link to the zip-file. When I used "the install from zip" in the vertical three dot menu in the "Add on" page everything turned out fine!
 
Hi Mike,

I initially purchased the Pleco Basic Bundle on my iPad and later upgraded to the Big Bundle. I then successfully transferred my license to my Android phone using the registration code.

However, while the standard Qiang TTS voice is available and working, Qiang Text-to-Speech (Enhanced) is completely missing from the Android Add-ons section, including "Purchased but Not Downloaded."

On my iPad, I was able to download and use the Enhanced version without any issues.

I've already contacted Pleco support by email, but I wanted to post here as well in case you could help.

Is there any way to manually download and install the Enhanced Qiang voice on Android? If possible, could you provide a direct download link to the necessary files?

Thank you in advance for your assistance!
 
On Android we actually use a newer, neural-network-based version of our TTS engine that does not require a separate enhanced version; if you listen to it it’s actually a lot more natural-sounding, even with the smaller data file size. We will be moving to that newer engine on iOS soon as well (it's already the engine we use in our 4.0 beta).
 
Back
Top