floating-button/OCR

garyt

It looks like some newer versions of MIUI ship with a feature called 'memory optimization' hidden in developer settings which also auto-kills background apps; go into developer settings and disable that feature and that should hopefully fix this
The only one I found was 'Turn on MIUI Optimization'. But turning that off made it worse if anything.
There is also the issue of the Notification turning into a floating button. That appears to (a) only happen with OCR, not screen reader, and also (b) seems to only happen once. But of course with the service turning off regularly, once becomes a lot more often!
I can understand that the service stopping could be system-dependent, but is the notification switching to button?

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Did you look in developer settings? (as I mentioned in my previous post, you might have to go into the About screen and tap on the Build version 7 times to get that screen to appear)

Does it only show up as a button, or does it show both a button and a notification? The most likely explanation for that is that our app's settings are either getting reset or being made inaccessible (e.g. by some security feature keeping our notification from accessing its own settings).