Default dictionary in reader

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
It should default to whichever dictionary you selected in it most recently. If you prefer that it default to the first dictionary in Manage Dictionaries order, turn off “sticky dict section” in Settings / Popup Definition.

rizen suha

状元
using this as a far fetched excuse to bring up an oldish request, hopefully doable in 4.x

an important key to enhancing cn reading skills is to limit time spend on looking at a dict - to be sure, a cn-en dict. therefore i prefer to use a cn-cn dict (have this appear as no1 in the dict ordering). however often a corresponding cn-cn definition will, in turn, contain a word that i need to look up. this second-degree lookup i normally prefer to be in english since, well, my stamina is limited. currently, with a unitary (one-version-only) dict ordering, a secondary lookup will utilize the no1 dict (cn-cn) again and im trapped, or at least i have to select another (cn-en) dict "manually". when i do this 100 times a day, 生氣. sooo, im looking for some dual-mechanism so that "primary lookups" use one dict ordering and "secondary lookups" (lookups on lookups) use an alternate dict ordering.

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Should be doable in 4.0 in “expert mode” since you can customize the default reader configuration for different screens.

It should default to whichever dictionary you selected in it most recently. If you prefer that it default to the first dictionary in Manage Dictionaries order, turn off “sticky dict section” in Settings / Popup Definition.

Woops.... I just realized I was missing that you could tap the two letters of the dictionary to switch between them.....
I feel silly....

Thanks, though!