BUG: Cannot select custom font .ttf file

乔米

秀才
Android 6.0.1: Nexus 5
Pleco 3.2.33

When I try to select a Custom Chinese font from Settings->Fonts->Customize Chinese font, a pleco file browser opens and I access the (non-root) location of the file but the file name is greyed out and clicking it does nothing. Note that I have used the same .ttf file on previous Pleco releases successfully. I then navigated to the following path: /data/data/com.pleco.chinesesystem/files/ and noticed there was no ./fonts/chinese directory in there. So I created it and put the file there, still to no avail. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Just tested this on the identical configuration here and was unable to reproduce the problem.

Are Pleco's privileges to access the file system disabled? Check Settings / Apps / Pleco / Permissions and make sure 'Storage' is on. Also, are you using the 'force legacy file chooser' option?

乔米

秀才
Just tested this on the identical configuration here and was unable to reproduce the problem.

Are Pleco's privileges to access the file system disabled? Check Settings / Apps / Pleco / Permissions and make sure 'Storage' is on. Also, are you using the 'force legacy file chooser' option?
Toggling the 'force legacy file chooser' option to ON solved my problem. Thank you Mike

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
No problem!

Are you using the stock Google firmware on your Nexus? Where exactly was your Chinese font file stored? Sounds like the Google file chooser is not interpreting MIME types for font files correctly.