Beta 6 Bug Report / Feedback Thread

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
+ button in the definition screen seems to have gone missing - it still works if you tap in the space where it's supposed to be, but one of our performance optimizations went a bit too far it seems. Sorry about that.

Earl

举人
I didn't think Pleco v3.0 could ever work well with the iPod Touch 4th Generation, but it does. It now works as well as the old program on this old device. I installed almost all the dictionaries, fonts etc. Note that the memory used on v3.0 is very similar to the old program.

Pleco v3.0 is also working well on the iPod Touch 5th Generation, iPad Mini, iPad II and iPad III.

Attachments

• p1.PNG
    p1.PNG
    185.2 KB · Views: 493
  • p2.PNG
    p2.PNG
    172.4 KB · Views: 432

Earl

举人
Just a suggestion, but I think all three colors in Settings::Night-Mode (black, blue and white) cold be harmonized.

I would suggest using white for all three. In the case of Enable-Night-Mode:OFF, all three colors could be harmonized to black.

Attachments

• photo.PNG
    photo.PNG
    261.5 KB · Views: 438
Last edited:

dcarpent

榜眼
Two things. First, is it supposed to be possible to edit a Word file in Reader? I corrected a character in a Word file, first clicking on the eyeglasses icon, then on the pencil icon. That seemed to allow me to edit the file as in the past. But when I exited and returned to the main Reader screen, the change was not saved.

Second, has the option to "blow up" one or more selected characters to display them full screen been removed? I liked this feature, but the icon for it is gone and I can't find an alternative way to do it.

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Earl - thank you! Very happy to hear that.

To be honest, we haven't had the time to optimize Night Mode as much as we'd like on iOS 6 - we're not planning to keep supporting 6 for very much longer (early 2014, probably, or we may wait until there's a reliable jailbreak since we know a lot of our customers are in situations where they badly need to be able to jailbreak) so while we certainly want to make sure Pleco works reliably on it we may not get it quite as polished as on iOS 7.

dcarpent - no, any changes you make to that file would have to be saved in it as a text file; sorry, we should probably add an error message when you tap "Edit" telling you that the changes will be lost unless you save it.

The zoom option is still there, but it's off by default - you can turn it on in Settings.

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
How so? The Pinyin for a single letter probably should be that letter. - 卡拉OK becomes ka3la1OK.

When you tap on the entry it's nothing but a blank page...

But other entries with roman letters + characters, like 卡拉ok etc seem to work fine.

BanMai

秀才
Hmmm 侵略qin1 lve4 is being pronounced as qin1 le4. Using iPad 3 flashcard app with pronunciation, pinyin, and definition from Guifan.

I noticed that the "copy to pasteboard" option doesn't copy punctuation marks.

For example, if I were to copy the sentence selected in the pic below, I'd get the following: 照直说 别含糊其词

In the previous version of Pleco it worked fine, though.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    144.4 KB · Views: 516

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
BanMai - great catch, thanks! (glitch in the way we were feeding Pinyin to our TTS system)

golden chyld - thanks, bit too militant in stripping out formatting tags it seems. There's no more option for ~ replacement, it's one of a number of options that we're tentatively taking out but will bring back if a lot of users complain about their absence.

Earl - that's actually by design; helps you efficiently navigate the document, we hope. Is it staying visible even when you take your finger off the screen?

Earl

举人
BanMai - great catch, thanks! (glitch in the way we were feeding Pinyin to our TTS system)

golden chyld - thanks, bit too militant in stripping out formatting tags it seems. There's no more option for ~ replacement, it's one of a number of options that we're tentatively taking out but will bring back if a lot of users complain about their absence.

Earl - that's actually by design; helps you efficiently navigate the document, we hope. Is it staying visible even when you take your finger off the screen?

Yes, always visible.

OK, it just started working. Now it is visible only when scrolling.

Last edited: