Beta 2 Change List

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Here's a list of changes in the Beta 2 release (quick update to deal with the most urgent problems in Beta 1):

Feature Changes
  • Redesigned the handwriting stroke capture system to avoid the use of OpenGL, which should improve reliability on some systems and performance on others, and consequently eliminated the OpenGL-related handwriting compatibility mode option.
  • Made the hardware search button open the search input box, or toggle input modes if already open.
  • Added a macro focus mode button to OCR on devices that support it.
  • Added a settings option to enable text suggestions in the search input field (useful with some IMEs) - it's under "Search Settings."
  • Added a thickness setting for HWR.
  • Made tapping on an item name in the file browser for the document reader directly open the file (rather than copying its name to the input box).
  • Made the main dictionary search screen automatically refresh itself when returning from Settings, which should cause settings changes like new font sizes / split versus non-split views / etc to appear correctly and immediately.
  • Made input open on startup by default (disable this in Settings / General), and in keyboard rather than HWR mode.

Bug Fixes
  • Fixed a bug that caused traditional characters in dictionary definitions to appear incorrectly when in traditional character display mode.
  • Fixed a bug that caused crashes when tapping on Chinese characters in the popup definition screen.
  • Fixed an audio-related bug that could cause power drains and faint background noise on some systems.
  • Fixed a bug that caused crashes when viewing dictionary entries with blank headwords (mainly an issue in user dictionaries).
  • Fixed a bug that caused startup crashes on devices with QVGA screens.
  • Fixed a bug that could cause HWR stutter immediately clearing / entering a new character.
  • Fixed a bug that caused the OCR recognition area to appear in the wrong location on the screen (too low).
  • Fixed a bug that could cause a small power drain when leaving OCR running in the background (even with it paused).
  • Fixed a bug that prevented proper rendering of rare characters in a copy of Pleco that had just had the stroke order module activated.

JRyn

Hey Mike ... to upgrade to the latest one, do I need to remove my older before? or just re-installed the newer one?

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
JRyn said:
Hey Mike ... to upgrade to the latest one, do I need to remove my older before? or just re-installed the newer one?

Installing the new version should be enough.