Here's a list of changes in the Beta 2 release (quick update to deal with the most urgent problems in Beta 1):
- Redesigned the handwriting stroke capture system to avoid the use of OpenGL, which should improve reliability on some systems and performance on others, and consequently eliminated the OpenGL-related handwriting compatibility mode option.
- Made the hardware search button open the search input box, or toggle input modes if already open.
- Added a macro focus mode button to OCR on devices that support it.
- Added a settings option to enable text suggestions in the search input field (useful with some IMEs) - it's under "Search Settings."
- Added a thickness setting for HWR.
- Made tapping on an item name in the file browser for the document reader directly open the file (rather than copying its name to the input box).
- Made the main dictionary search screen automatically refresh itself when returning from Settings, which should cause settings changes like new font sizes / split versus non-split views / etc to appear correctly and immediately.
- Made input open on startup by default (disable this in Settings / General), and in keyboard rather than HWR mode.
- Fixed a bug that caused traditional characters in dictionary definitions to appear incorrectly when in traditional character display mode.
- Fixed a bug that caused crashes when tapping on Chinese characters in the popup definition screen.
- Fixed an audio-related bug that could cause power drains and faint background noise on some systems.
- Fixed a bug that caused crashes when viewing dictionary entries with blank headwords (mainly an issue in user dictionaries).
- Fixed a bug that caused startup crashes on devices with QVGA screens.
- Fixed a bug that could cause HWR stutter immediately clearing / entering a new character.
- Fixed a bug that caused the OCR recognition area to appear in the wrong location on the screen (too low).
- Fixed a bug that could cause a small power drain when leaving OCR running in the background (even with it paused).
- Fixed a bug that prevented proper rendering of rare characters in a copy of Pleco that had just had the stroke order module activated.