3.2.x Bug Report / Feedback Thread

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
I was wondering if this will be able to be addressed in the next update? Just wanted to check that it’s on the radar - thanks so much!

It should have already been fixed - is it not working for you in the latest version?

JD

状元
On iPadOS with Dark Mode turned on, if you view an image using OCR and long-press on a character to change the character selection, the character selections come up unreadable (often white-on-white). One can back out, switch off Dark Mode and re-press the character, so there is a workaround IF one realizes it’s a Dark Mode issue.

Attachments

• 4F85BA6A-B3B7-499F-B9B7-6F6C4BB7FC17.png
    4F85BA6A-B3B7-499F-B9B7-6F6C4BB7FC17.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 289
  • 5D1F39DB-3FE6-4675-8830-E6924D354253.png
    5D1F39DB-3FE6-4675-8830-E6924D354253.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 269

danm

When I delete a flashcard while reviewing it in an active session it seems like it leaves some artifacts behind. The display in the current review session changes to an empty card (but it still asks for a rating and even shows up again later if you click 'wrong'). But more importantly, the deleted card isn't removed from the counts on the statistics page, which I like to use to keep track of my progress over time.

If it's not an easy bug to fix I'd appreciate advice on how to safely remove the corrupted card. I opened the database in a text editor and found remnants of it, but I don't want to mess with the file without fully understanding its syntax.

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
What happens if you don't give the card a rating but instead skip it? Also, are you deleting the card with the delete card button within the test (the one in the 'triangle' tab) or from some other screen?

As far as how to remove the card, I'm guessing that it's just being left behind in the score data - you'd want to look for records in the score table (for whichever score file this is in) where the ID was not in the cards table. Delete from <Score table> where id not in (select id from pleco_flash_cards).

danm

Ah yes, that was my mistake: I basically opened a second instance of the card directly from the dictionary, clicking on the plus-button and then delete. Didn't know you could do this directly from the test screen as well.

Your query solved the issue perfectly, thanks for the quick help. Edit: Just a small change, it should be: Delete from <Score table> where card not in (select id from pleco_flash_cards).

jurgen85

榜眼
Full-text searches scroll automatically to the match when opened from the search screen, but not when opened from the next/prev headword arrow buttons.

jurgen85

榜眼
Swipe scrolling all the way up or down does not bring it back, but returning to the search or pressing the next/prev buttons does.

jurgen85

榜眼
Long-tap menus are ordered inconsistently between searches and flashcards. E.g. "copy headword" is near the end of the menu in searches but near the top in flashcards.

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Long-tap menus are ordered inconsistently between searches and flashcards. E.g. "copy headword" is near the end of the menu in searches but near the top in flashcards.

That's all getting overhauled to use the new and vastly superior iOS 14 context menu system instead.

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Sorry, it's searchable in both character sets but only displays entries in traditional. (we should probably clarify that aspect of the description, though I believe you're the first person who's mentioned it)

jurgen85

榜眼
Flashcard neutral tone tolerance makes sense for multi-syllable words, but I think single-syllable ones should be stricter, i.e. 吧 ba1 and 吧 ba5 as two different cards without conflict. (吗、得、嗯、价、咧…)