3.0.0 Bug Report / Feedback Thread

denmitch

探花
Will we be able to download for offline use?

To add onto your response to jasonchan, deleting Pleco is a drastic option especially when one has many add-ons. I found I could skip this step and start with step 2. I had to repeat the process several times but I did not have to delete Pleco.

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Yes, once it's finished. Deleting and reinstalling isn't always necessary but in some cases it unfortunately is.

not a bug per se: the Cantonese tts can be played simultaneously with mandarin audio (at the same time/overlapping)
I would imagine there would be a cut-off

hey, I have question about the history page:

it doesn't seem to update for me -- is it routed through the cloud and then back to the phone?!
the other day I was trying to find some words I had looked up earlier in the day, but when i looked at the history it only had stuff from the day before -- I don't know what I pressed but then Pleco prompted me to choose from which devices I wanted to see history from, I selected "all" and then suddenly all my old searches appeared...

now though it just doesnt seem to be updating at all...dict/search/what-not are all not updating -- if it were routed through the cloud and then back to the phone that would make perfect sense, what with horrible internet connections and all

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Is it still on 'all' or did it jump to something else? It's merging what's on the phone with what's on the cloud but it never relies on the cloud for local history.

Is it still on 'all' or did it jump to something else? It's merging what's on the phone with what's on the cloud but it never relies on the cloud for local history.

it was on "all" just now -- then I changed it to "current device" and everything suddenly showed up again -- then I went back to "all" and then I could see everything again...maybe I'll just keep it on current device, as it doesn't seem to have any issues atm

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Soon, mostly just finishing off our new right-side-of-the-screen quick command sidebar menu which we're hoping will let us address a lot of power user complaints about things being too hard to get to. (this is where we're sticking the traditional/simplified and night mode toggles, commands for jumping around to your favorite sections, quick links to make new custom cards / new dictionary entries, etc)

jacky89

秀才
Mike, the cantonese recordings work on my ios 7 devices but doesn not work on my ios 6 ipad3. Can u fix that in the next release?

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Is this our Cantonese add-on or the text-to-speech system? Can't do anything about the latter - it's built into iOS 7 and not into iOS 6.

Soon, mostly just finishing off our new right-side-of-the-screen quick command sidebar menu which we're hoping will let us address a lot of power user complaints about things being too hard to get to. (this is where we're sticking the traditional/simplified and night mode toggles, commands for jumping around to your favorite sections, quick links to make new custom cards / new dictionary entries, etc)

I see, thanks. Hopefully that means as latest CEDICT database as possible. :)

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Yes, now that it's bundled in the app it costs us nothing except time to update CC-CEDICT. (pre-3.0, every new CC update meant a couple of Professional Bundles worth of CDN bandwidth charges in addition to the time)

Yes, now that it's bundled in the app it costs us nothing except time to update CC-CEDICT. (pre-3.0, every new CC update meant a couple of Professional Bundles worth of CDN bandwidth charges in addition to the time)

I see... looking forward to the update!

Bug: you can't look up the words 齐B小短裙 and 齐B短裙 by typing their full pinyin or just "qibx", for instance --- it only works if you type "qib" and scroll down the list or type "qib@" and it will immediately show the two.

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Carl Nilsson - yes, no way to set it separately for zoom yet.

goldyn chyld - that shouldn't be... does it help if you add a space after the 'b', or make it upper- instead of lowercase?