Zhuyin for simplified characters

LeonardoM

进士
Hello everyone,

I’m not sure why, but I can’t seem to find a zhuyin iOS keyboard for simplified Chinese characters.
on iOS settings, I can only see the zhuyin keyboard option for traditional characters.
I’m starting to think that no one uses zhuyin four simplified characters, but since it’s probably the fastest way for typing characters on a computer, I would really want to find a way to make it work.

Thanks in advance,
Leo

Fernando

榜眼
I’m starting to think that no one uses zhuyin four simplified characters
You'd be correct, in any practical sense at least.
I would really want to find a way to make it work.
I think the best way to make it happen would be to write your text in traditional and then convert it all at once to simplified, since traditional-to-simplified machine conversions are always 100% correct (at least as far as I'm aware).

Alternatively you could learn shuangpin. That one, though based on pinyin, is used to reduce keystrokes, and thus functionally similar to zhuyin.

On Android, the GBoard keyboard from Google supports the Zhuyin input method and it is possible to switch from traditional characters to simplified characters (簡體中文)in the settings.

I see that GBoard is also available for iOS, maybe you can give it a try to see if this functionality is also available there.