WM to Android transfer

Vara

Dear all,

I am aware that such a topic has been discussed here for many times and in many ways, but I still havent found a full answer to my question, so please excuse me for setting up a new topic.

I have been using Windows Mobile version of Pleco 2 on my HTC Touch 3G (Jade) for about four years and I have always been very satisfied with all Plecos functions, interface and so on (thank you, Mike and others in Pleco!!!). However, my situation now forces me to shift to Android based mobile devices thus I need to transfer my WM Pleco licence to Android (eventhough I like the old WM interface more). The trouble I am facing now is that I still need to use both the WM phone and the new Android phone at the same time and I also need to run Pleco on both.

So here are the questions:

1) Is it possible to transfer my old WM Pleco licence to Android with all my flashcards, my own entries and so on and still use it also on WM phone till it falls apart?
2) If the first option is not possible, can I use my friends Android Pleco licence number to run Pleco on my Android device (to keep it also in my WM device)? I have read several times that official Android users can use Pleco under the one licence number on up to three Android devices at the same time. Is it correct?

3) And my last question, little bit out of this topic, for the hand-write input, is there any way how to set up the Pleco Android interface to the same way how it works on WM? I. e., when I tap to the text input field, only the keyboard pops up; when I tap anywhere in the entry field, the text of the entry field becomes blurry and I can directly hand-write the characters anywhere on the screen of the blurred entry field, then from the panel below choose the right one, which goes to the input field. The way how it works now in Android version makes the proces much slower.

Thank you very much for your help, support and effort!

Best Regards,

Ondrej

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Vara said:
1) Is it possible to transfer my old WM Pleco licence to Android with all my flashcards, my own entries and so on and still use it also on WM phone till it falls apart?

Unfortunately no, WM licenses can only be active on one device at a time.

Vara said:
2) If the first option is not possible, can I use my friends Android Pleco licence number to run Pleco on my Android device (to keep it also in my WM device)? I have read several times that official Android users can use Pleco under the one licence number on up to three Android devices at the same time. Is it correct?

The devices are all supposed to be devices that belong to that user (or that user's household), so I'm afraid that's not possible either. Also, since the Registration ID gives you total control of that copy of Pleco (can upgrade it, transfer it to another platform / another email / another owner name, etc) it's not generally something that we'd encourage people to share.

Vara said:
3) And my last question, little bit out of this topic, for the hand-write input, is there any way how to set up the Pleco Android interface to the same way how it works on WM? I. e., when I tap to the text input field, only the keyboard pops up; when I tap anywhere in the entry field, the text of the entry field becomes blurry and I can directly hand-write the characters anywhere on the screen of the blurred entry field, then from the panel below choose the right one, which goes to the input field. The way how it works now in Android version makes the proces much slower.

Not with our built-in handwriting recognizer, but there are some third-party Chinese handwriting IMEs that work that way (search Google Play for them).