WM - no dictionaries

Hi,

I am migrating from my old Treo to my new HTC Touch Pro 2. I want to do a manual install via the SD card. I have downloaded the .zip files from the web-site, uncompressed them and installed on the card. On the TP2, the pleco.cab installs the program, but it does not ask for any location for itself or the dictionaries. I can see 'Pleco' in my list of all programs, but when I try to run it, it gives an error message that no dictionaries are found.

The dictionaries are visible on the card in the directory to which they were uncompressed, but apparently, I did something wrong and they were not installed so that the software recognizes where they are.

Any idea what I can do to fix?

Thx,

Piet

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
You need to copy over the "Pleco" folder along with the .cab files - the folder is where the dictionaries /fonts / etc are. (we can't put those in a .cab because the Windows Mobile .cab installer fails badly when installing large .cab files)

But where do I copy the Pleco folder to? It is now on my SD card in the directory from which I installed the .cab.

Pleco is installed on the phone, but I want to keep the dictionaries on the card. I do not see any directory for dictionaries or fonts that was created during the installation.

ipsi

状元
Go into File Explorer on your device, then hit the 'Up' softkey until it turns grey. Then go into 'Storage Card'. You should have a folder here called 'Pleco'. Inside that folder, you should have all the Pleco files (dictionarys, fonts, sound, etc). Not sure what the problem is that's how your device looks...

On the Storage card, there is no Pleco folder - neither on the top level nor in 'Program Files'. Should I create it at the top level of the storage card?

ipsi

状元
Yeah, give that a shot and see if it works. Make sure everything is inside that folder, but not inside any subfolders.