Will Pleco run on a Nokia N97

tknesl

Hello everyone, I asked this question to Mike already in an e-mail, but I wanted to make a post about this to see if there is anyone out there that could help or give some additional advice.
I am thinking of getting the new Nokia N97 when it is released because it has so many great features, but of course I need to use Pleco with it. The N97 uses Symbian S60 5th edition. I read another post about using "StyleTap", but that was for another Nokia device (the 5800). Does anyone out there know about the N97 and if Pleco would work on it using StyleTap or some other emulator?
Specifically, I would like to know the entire prcoess of how I would be able to load Pleco onto the device with all the steps to perform (I am not that tech savvy). Would I need Pleco for Palm, version 1 or 2, etc.

Thanks! Any help greatly appreciated!
Tom

Azabu

举人
The N97 uses the same Symbian S60 5th Edition operating system as the Nokia 5800 so I would expect Plecodict 1 will run just fine via StyleTap. You will have read from my previous post that there is an issue with input from the 5800's virtual keyboard, which StyleTap attributes to the latest firmware, but I can't comment on how this may or may not work on the N97 given its physical keyboard. Plecodict's HWR seems to work. If you buy the device, get the trial and install it manually via the StyelTap loader. Its very easy.

I haven't managed to get Plecodict 2 to work - the StyleTap launches Plecodict but doesn't seem to load the dictionaries properly.

I've been quite impressed with Symbian S60 5th Edition and Nokia have already sold over a million of the 5800 model. Its a shame (but understandable) there will be no native version of Plecodict for Symbian. I'll be happy if I can run Plecodict 1 via StyleTap (once they sort this firmware problem) until the iPhone version arrives.