Why do I have words that have only been reviewed twice but aren't coming up in my daily reviews?

larrybills

举人
I have a number of words from 2020 that I learned and simply never come up for review.

I test literally every day and only have ~3k words total but a huge amount never get added to my reviews.

(I've obviously checked to make sure that the test includes the folder with these words.)

Any ideas why?

I'm attaching a few screen shots in case someone can help diagnose.

Attachments

• card_example.jpeg
    card_example.jpeg
    212.8 KB · Views: 218
  • test_settings_1.jpeg
    test_settings_1.jpeg
    206 KB · Views: 240
  • test_settings_2.jpeg
    test_settings_2.jpeg
    252 KB · Views: 213

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Hmm... were those reviews in the same score file? (it looks from your first screenshot like you might have more than one)

larrybills

举人
Hmm... were those reviews in the same score file? (it looks from your first screenshot like you might have more than one)

Hi Mike, I have a score file for each test.
English>Chinese
Chinese>English
Audio

Is this not proper?

Either way, the score file is for that specific test. Let me know what you think. (I'm sure I'm doing something wrong here but I can figure out what!)

larrybills

举人
@mikelove I think you are right and cards are now using the wrong default score file.
Is there a way to do a batch change?

How would you suggest I fix this? Thanks as always for your help.

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
There isn't really a way to batch migrate data from one score file to another at the moment, unfortunately - you could however simply switch your test over to the scorefile that those cards are on.

Another option would be to search for those cards in Organize, then use the 'force add to pool' batch command on them (which can apply to a different scorefile than the one you used for the search - it'll use whatever you configure on the bottom of Batch).

larrybills

举人
So the issue is, unfortunately, that I had a mix of scorefiles for those words. The thing I don't understand is that I assumed that I could simply set which score file to use per test. As in each word could have multiple score files. So that, for instance, if I had trouble testing english > chinese on XYZ, that score wouldn't effect testing it on chinese < english.

So I deleted the score profile that wasn't connected to any tests and have assigned the cards to the correct scorefile through the batch process.

All that said, now the system is only pulling up ~30 cards for each day to review which can't be correct. I have ~ 3k cards. My gut says that I should be reviewing ~100 cards every morning, right?

Any ideas what to do here? I fear I've gone so far into customization and don't really know (apparently) how to get back. What would you advise?

Attachments

• test_settings_2.jpeg
    test_settings_2.jpeg
    252 KB · Views: 213
  • test_settings_1.jpeg
    test_settings_1.jpeg
    206 KB · Views: 216

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
If you try greatly increasing the number of points per day - to, say, 600 - does that get a normal number of cards to appear?

If not, those cards are probably still being considered 'new' somehow; you could try the 'force add to pool thing' again, or you could just add all of the cards that are not supposed to be 'new' to a category, turn off 'limit new cards' altogether, and do a few rounds of reviewing on only that category to make sure that all of those cards get reviewed (after which they should hopefully be scheduled regularly).

larrybills

举人
Thanks, Mike. Increasing points per day worked. I guess I can tune that and play around there without mucking around with other card settings.
As always, I appreciate your help. Enjoy your weekend!