Welcome!

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
By popular request, we're now offering a forum for users to exchange premade PlecoDict flashcard lists. A few ground rules:

• Please do not post any copyrighted material without the permission of the copyright owner. It's debatable whether a simple list of vocabulary words in a textbook can actually be copyrighted, but it's best to make sure by e-mailing the author first.
    Please don't post anything that's likely to get us in trouble with Chinese or other government authorities. (not that very many flashcard lists are likely to do that, but it never hurts to mention it)
    The current file size limit is 256 KB, though we're open to expanding that if anyone actually creates a flashcard list that's big enough to cause problems.
    If possible, please post your flashcard list in text format (instead of as a PDB) so that both Pocket PC and Palm users can import it. Also, please make certain to list the text encoding that your flashcard list uses (we recommend UTF8).
    Please do not use this forum to share anything other than flashcard lists.
Attaching files to a forum posting is very easy; whenever you type a message now there'll be an "Add an attachment" box where you can select a file on your hard drive to upload and provide a comment.

Anyway, hope you all enjoy this new website feature, and please don't hesitate to send in any other suggestions about website improvements.

lmcjipo

榜眼
I just finished my PlecoDict flashcards for Integrated Chinese Level 1 - Part 1.

I'll contact the author/publisher and see what happens.

sfrrr

状元
I can post about 2000 flashcards--my personal vocabulary from my classes. They are an extremely idiosyncratic collection because we don't use any textbooks and we talk about whatever interests us that day.

The only thing is, I worry that my problems with corrupted user dictionaries could be contagious.

Mike--what do you think?

Sandra

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Well as long as you're posting them as a text file, there's not really any way that that could spread the problems you're having (unless their system is very low on memory and importing 2000 new cards pushes it over the limit).

sfrrr

状元
Ok, I'm all over it like a wet suit.

After I get my current crush of work out of the way.

Sandra