User-dictionary cards not showing up in flashcards

Beiman

Hi! Long time user, first time writer here.

I'm relatively advanced Chinese learner so quite often I add slang or other uncommon words into the database as a user-dictionary entry. Then I proceed to add these cards into the spaced-repetition flashcard system.

After making the flashcards, I proceed to study these cards. However, none of these cards will ever show up in the test and cards with pre-existing definition (e.g. CC or PLC) will only show up.

I've managed to add these user-created cards into the study at ease before (custom cards I've studied earlier will still show up when due), so the problem is with adding the new cards into the study pool. I've been trying to research most of the options menu, but no luck so far (force add or recreating the cards won't work). Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Beiman

Additional testing revealed that custom cards (not user-dictionary based) are added to the study pool ONLY if they have text in 'Definition' field (pinyin is not enough). However, the problem still persists if I have dictionary-based card that only has a user-dictionary based definition, which still won't show up in the study pool even if they have definition and pinyin.

This is something of a recent problem, because I was able to add these cards into the pool previously just okay.

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Hmm... is 'remap to dicts' turned on in New Test / Display? That might be screwing things up your user dictionary is not included in the list of supported dictionaries.

Beiman

Thanks for the reply! That seemed to solve the problem, couldn't be more happier! Keep up the work with this phenomenal app!