updated from 3.2.47 to 57 and while using reader with Google TTS popup bubble does not vanish

Not really a bug, but covers part of the screen, while letting the text-to-speech engine narrate: the popup bubble. Do I need to downgrade or is there a checkbox in the settings let me hide the popup bubble and just highlight the text as in version 3.2.47? Tested on LineageOS 13 and 14.

Last edited:
Now it works...after a few cellphone and LineageOS upgrades. I want to be the last one to re-request the feature to somehow throttle the Text Reader integration of Google TTS to slower than 50 %. Some russian AIReader App can do it, but is only a (lean) Bookreader. How do they do it? They use Google TTS, they somehow override the OS's 50% and offer 10% reader speed, still well recognizable. I would appreciate to have that in the Clip Reader...wouldn't you?

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
They might be feeding it one word at a time and introducing a lot of spacing between words - is this happening for Chinese or only Russian? (easier in languages that have clear spaces between words)

I let AIReader read the same Hanzi .txt as I use to do with Pleco Clip Reader. It offers to slow down like ten percent. I suppose it can do so with several languages. That speed, coupled with your new ability to clip-read compounds in Lineage OS 15, would be very realistic, soothing

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Hmm, well we can certainly investigate with that app at some point and see if there's a technique they're using we didn't know about - thanks.

Can I disable the Google "Translate" button in the reader, or would you invent a "confirm" dialog, as I like to prevent google to translate that >1200 page Gorbachev Bio everytime I accidentally click-tap on the button?