Unihan - entries disappeared?

hhs

I'm running Pleco 3.2.2 on Android 4.4.2, Samsung Galaxy S4.

Recently, I noticed that when I look up a character, the UnihanExt entry is empty. I tried rebooting, as well as deleting and reinstalling the dictionary, but it didn't work. For some reason, when I delete UnihanExt, the "UNI" entry still shows up on the definition screen, but it is still blank. When I browse the database directly from Manage Dictionaries, I can see the list of characters and the preview text for each entry, but when I click on individual entries, it is blank. When I click on the settings button for the "UNI" entry on a particular character, the only option is "Add a new field...", which does nothing when I tap it.

I have Pleco with the exact same configuration on my Nexus 7, which doesn't have this problem. Any ideas?

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
That one's news to us... if you delete UnihanExt and then reboot, does the regular UNI entry (which comes from the built-in Unihan) fill in correctly? It might be that the copy of UnihanExt that you're downloading is corrupted - could happen more than once if the copy on your local distribution server endpoint is also corrupted; see this page for a way to install it directly from your computer.

hhs

I deleted UnihanExt and rebooted, but I still have the same issue. The "UNI" entry is still blank. "UnihanExt" is still listed under Manage Dictionaries, where I can still see the definitions in the list, but tapping on any of the entries comes up blank.

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
What about if you go into Settings / Reset all settings to defaults, does that clear it up?