transfering license later, purchasing addons now

Purchase Other Add-ons. To purchase some brand new Pleco add-ons specifically for the Android version:
Go to our online store at pleco.com/store.
Go to the page for the add-on or bundle you'd like to purchase.
If you're a new customer who hasn't purchased any other add-ons and hasn't transferred over a previous Palm/WM license, leave the "Registration ID" field blank - you'll be given a new one on the order confirmation page.

If you're a previous customer and would like to add items to your existing copy of Pleco, enter your Registration ID in the "Registration ID" field. (you can retrieve it from My Orders if needed)
Finish checking out.

I'd like to grab the OCR addon now and wait to transfer my dictionaries and other addons to plecoid until my android situation is a little more stable. If I purchase with the reg ID blank, can I still easily transfer the winmo stuff later and bring it all together?

Wan

榜眼
I assume that if you purchase an android module now without having a licence, you will get a new Registration ID for this module. You can later name this ID when transferring your licence. If for some reason, this should not work, I'm sure Mike can take care of the issue with a single click in his database.

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
sui.generis said:
I'd like to grab the OCR addon now and wait to transfer my dictionaries and other addons to plecoid until my android situation is a little more stable. If I purchase with the reg ID blank, can I still easily transfer the winmo stuff later and bring it all together?

Yes, no problem at all, though your usage rights with the purchased-on-WM stuff may be a bit more restrictive than those with the stuff you purchased originally on Android (but that would be true regardless of when / how you buy the Android stuff).

Have you decided already on a price for transferring a single WM license to multiple Android devices?
I'd like to use the Android beta on both my Desire and my Xoom. I am currently using it on my Desire only.

Sarevok

进士
Marc Vermeiren said:
Have you decided already on a price for transferring a single WM license to multiple Android devices?
I'd like to use the Android beta on both my Desire and my Xoom. I am currently using it on my Desire only.

Similar situation here, I already started using the current beta on my Transformer (only the demo for now) and it’s running quite happily there (I encountered some minor bugs, which I am going to post in the Bug report thread). But I want to hold off changing my WM phone for an Android device until the flashcard module is out (and I hope that some reported issues with SGS2 will already have been resolved by then). Will it be even possible to upgrade the WM license in such a way? Is it possible to transfer my current license to somebody else (one of my friends is willing to buy my current WM device, primarily for running Pleco on it) and then buying a new one for myself?

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Marc Vermeiren said:

No, we haven't decided about that yet - we're actually still negotiating one very big new dictionary license (for both Android and iOS) and the outcome of those negotiations may have some impact on how we handle pricing / multi-copy sales at launch.

Sarevok said:
Similar situation here, I already started using the current beta on my Transformer (only the demo for now) and it’s running quite happily there (I encountered some minor bugs, which I am going to post in the Bug report thread). But I want to hold off changing my WM phone for an Android device until the flashcard module is out (and I hope that some reported issues with SGS2 will already have been resolved by then). Will it be even possible to upgrade the WM license in such a way? Is it possible to transfer my current license to somebody else (one of my friends is willing to buy my current WM device, primarily for running Pleco on it) and then buying a new one for myself?

We do want to do something for people who own one WM license and want to expand to more than one Android license - we don't have that flexibility on iOS because Apple expressly forbids us from offering any user-specific discounts (the reason why our educational discounts are on the "honor system" - it's the only way we can offer them at all), so a lot of iPad users had to buy full-priced second copies, but assuming we don't run into any similar issues on Android (e.g. Google insisting that we don't offer anyone a lower-priced version of Pleco outside of Android Market than we do in it), we'd certainly prefer to give people switching to multiple devices some sort of discount on those extra licenses.

License transfers are certainly doable, though, we can set one of those up for you anytime.

mikelove said:
Marc Vermeiren said:

No, we haven't decided about that yet - we're actually still negotiating one very big new dictionary license (for both Android and iOS) and the outcome of those negotiations may have some impact on how we handle pricing / multi-copy sales at launch.

Any news on this front?

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
sui.generis said:
Any news on this front?

No, we haven't done much on that lately because we haven't finished our website / online store revamp yet (got put on the back burner because our app updates are so far behind schedule) and hence aren't in a position to do whatever reprogramming would be necessary to facilitate those sorts of license upgrades.