Tones (disyllabic words from old HSK)

Hello, everyone

The file "Tones (old-hsk).txt" (utf-8) contains disyllabic words and their pinyin, but no definitions. If you want to create flashcards with it, when importing I suggest you choose "ABC C-E" as the first dictionary to make sure all the entries get their definition (分之, for instance, only comes up in the said dictionary). Of course, this file can also be opened with the Reader.
The file "Tones (old-hsk) notes.txt" includes some information on the contents of the previous file.

Have a nice day.

P.S. Special thanks to Shun for his replay, which helped me realize that the previously attached file was seriously faulty.

Attachments

• Tones (old-hsk).txt
    229.7 KB · Views: 615
  • Tones (old-hsk) Data.txt
    4.2 KB · Views: 466
  • 102 Homophones (old-hsk).txt
    5.5 KB · Views: 520
Last edited:

Shun

状元
Hi, many thanks, I see your list contains 8,000 disyllabic words, and the old HSK had 8,800 words in total.

Some years ago I created four categories of 4,300 words in total which contained all words from the old HSK that did not appear in the new HSK (which has 5,000 words, I believe). I will also share it here.

Same, Shun

Attachments

• Old HSK only.txt
    69.8 KB · Views: 519
Last edited:
Hello, everyone

The file "Tones (old-hsk).txt"

The name of that file is misleading in more than one way. Nevertheless, I chose it simply because within each level (A,B,C,D,E), the disyllabic words are ordered according to the tonal patterns 1+1, 1+2, 1+3 and so on. Presently, I only use the flashcards of level A. My aim is not to "learn the tones", but to learn the pronunciation of Chinese words. For that, I rely mainly on how they sound, not on visual clues, be it letters, diacritics, numbers or colours.

Hi, many thanks, I see your list contains 8,000 disyllabic words, and the old HSK had 8,800 words in total.
Same, Shun
In fact, the numbers are like this:

[edited]
Level A 547 (20 decks)
Level B 1361 (20 decks)
Level C 1635 (20 decks)
Level D 2844 (20 decks)
Levels A-D 6387 (20 decks)

Last edited:
[Edited at 5:09 Beijing time]

Please, go to first message to download revised flashcards files.

Have a nice day!

Last edited: