The Commercial Press Guide to Chinese Synonyms / 商务馆学汉语近义词词典

Kanin

Member
This is a dictionary I would very much like to have in Pleco! I have even using it quite a lot in its book form, but papers feel not very futuristic, does it? :)

Is this a dictionary you have considered to add?
 

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Re: The Commercial Press Guide to Chinese Synonyms / 商务馆学汉语近

Kanin said:
This is a dictionary I would very much like to have in Pleco! I have even using it quite a lot in its book form, but papers feel not very futuristic, does it?

Is this a dictionary you have considered to add?
Commercial Press doesn't seem to work with third-party electronic distributors like Pleco, unfortunately, but we did license a synonym dictionary from another publisher recently.
 

scoff

Member
Re: The Commercial Press Guide to Chinese Synonyms / 商务馆学汉语近

mikelove said:
Kanin said:
This is a dictionary I would very much like to have in Pleco! I have even using it quite a lot in its book form, but papers feel not very futuristic, does it?

Is this a dictionary you have considered to add?
Commercial Press doesn't seem to work with third-party electronic distributors like Pleco, unfortunately, but we did license a synonym dictionary from another publisher recently.
Any updates for us on when all these new dictionaries might be coming out? I feel like I'm checking the forums daily for updates. Not trying to be a pain...just excited.
 

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Re: The Commercial Press Guide to Chinese Synonyms / 商务馆学汉语近

scoff said:
Any updates for us on when all these new dictionaries might be coming out? I feel like I'm checking the forums daily for updates. Not trying to be a pain...just excited.
Two big things we're waiting on at the moment:

  • Data files for one more dictionary: we just licensed it about a week ago but it's sufficiently interesting / sought-after that we want to try very hard to get it in this release. (yes, this is classic feature creep, but after making you all wait this long we really need some wow factor here)
  • Finished typographic design (which we'll then have to get implemented in our software / in the databases, but that won't take too long) - that one's due to delays both from our type designer and from font foundries. In theory we could ship without it, but then we'd have to turn right around and release another big complicated update and updated versions of every new dictionary, and in the meantime you'd be stuck navigating 2-3x as many dictionaries with the same eclectic/confusing type design we have now.
 
Top