Thanks!

etm001

状元
Hi,

I just wanted to say thanks: I reviewed the release notes and found a few bug fixes and feature requests (e.g., vertical PDF scrolling) that I had reported/requested. It's nice to see a developer that values user feedback.

And...I wanted to highlight a small bug that I mentioned in a previous thread, if only because I deal with it dozens of times a day when flashcard testing. I first reported this on an iPad 3, but it's still present on an iPad Air 2 w/ latest Pleco.

Thanks!

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
No problem!

We actually had that issue marked as fixed in our database, so we must not have fixed it in the way that it's manifesting for you. So you're on an iPad Air 2 (landscape or portrait orientation?), latest Pleco, latest iOS, with a fill-in-the-blanks handwriting test, you write in the characters, Pleco automatically grades the card + displays the result with the @ button at the bottom right corner of the definition area, you tap on that button and nothing happens? Are you sure there are dictionary entries available for that word (i.e. when you run the test again and you see the exact same card you can tap on @ and it'll switch dictionaries)?

etm001

状元
So you're on an iPad Air 2 (landscape or portrait orientation?), latest Pleco, latest iOS, with a fill-in-the-blanks handwriting test, you write in the characters, Pleco automatically grades the card + displays the result with the @ button at the bottom right corner of the definition area, you tap on that button and nothing happens? Are you sure there are dictionary entries available for that word (i.e. when you run the test again and you see the exact same card you can tap on @ and it'll switch dictionaries)?

Correct, iPad Air 2 (also observed this on iPad 3), latest iOS and latest Pleco. Landscape orientation, spaced repetition test using score subjects. Tap 字 in order to write on the screen. Both "@" and the "go back" arrow are overlaid with the writing area (so to speak) and tapping them generates a mark on the screen. (Actually in the latest Pleco version @ has been replaced with the dictionary short name).

This problem is not consistent. For example I just started a test and the problem did not occur. I then quit the test and restarted it (keeping all settings the same) and it happened. Also I recall in the past that sometimes the bug did not occur immediately, i.e., things worked normally, then for whatever reason it started happening in the middle of a test session.

Thanks!