Thank you and suggestions

Kaimi

进士
I want to thank you for creating the best app for learning Chinese, it's so smooth, fast and well made. I use it every day and for me it's invaluable.

I have a suggestion, I come from using Anki for a long time and I switched some months ago to Pleco flashcards. I miss good statistics a lot, with graphics and interesting info.

KRPT2vY.png

I love the flashcards and I use them a lot, and I really look forward to the revamp of the flashcard system. It good be great to get some new stats. Are there any news about the release of 4.0? Keep up the good and hard work please! I'm also loving the last improvements on the Outlier dictionaries! <3

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Thanks! Should be getting a lot more statistics.

No news on 4.0, actually spending a few weeks catching up on some other things we have to do (bug fix updates to our existing apps, a couple of content releases we're contractually obligated to do [negotiated when we had originally thought flashcards would be long done by now], etc). But as far as Anki goes we literally put together a test profile last week that duplicates Anki's card selection system pretty much perfectly (right down to stuff like burying multi-day learned cards at the end of the test, applying interval bonuses for time past due at 1/4 for a poor correct answer and 1/2 for a medium-correct, etc) and it wasn't nearly pushing the available options to their limit :) (not an immediate goal, but we do eventually want to offer an Anki migration option and would like to let people initially match their old learning systems until they're ready to expand and try some Pleco-specific enhancements)

pdwalker

状元
Just am opinion - pretty stats and graphs like the above will help encourage the *cough cough* language nerds to work harder on their learning. It's almost like making it a game.

Oh, not only should stats work across a single score file, but perhaps they could work across multiple score files in case I want to get an aggregrate?

(Oh crap, did I just seconded new feature requests before v4 gets out? What was I thinking!? Somebody shoot me!)

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Scorefiles no longer exist, but we should offer some limited aggregate stats across multiple profiles, yes. (not possible to display *all* of our statistics across multiple profiles because different profiles can have quite different scoring systems, numbers / types of 'stages', etc)

pdwalker

状元
So the statics storing will be stored within the profiles themselves? So this would also mean that different profiles must have different statistics, yes? (not complaining, just making sure I understand the coming changes)

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Yes. But cards can be filtered on their status or last reviewed date in other profiles - between that and our vastly expanded “stage” system (very easy to run a card through a curriculum of different test types / fields / etc in a single profile now) we think we’ve covered pretty much all the major use cases for shared scorefiles.