test results

Thank you to pleco developers. I enjoy testing myself. Currently I have chosen HSK levels 1,2,3 & 4, 50 "cards" (Mandarin simplified), then keep repeating until I have them all correct. It's a good arrangement, I enjoy doing this, usually 2 or 3 times a day. I see my Chinese improving. However I'd love to see a few tweaks. For example, at the moment I usually get between 25 & 40 correct, then try them again and again. Usually after 4 or 5 rounds I have them all right (occasionally 3 rounds). I'd like a comment on that in the results box, something like " It took you 5 rounds to get them all correct". Would it be possible to implement something like this? Also, I've noticed that some of the tones are wrong for certain characters. I started making a list of all the ones I noticed that are incorrect. But I'm only a novice, so I'm sure many others have also noticed this.

It's great that you can undo a wrongly given score, but you can't undo it if it's the last one that's wrongly marked!

In the results box, what does "average easiness" mean?

Thank you

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Thanks - this is an interesting idea, it's much too late to get it into 4.0 but might be possible in a 4.x update at any rate.

Good point about undoing the very last score though I'm not quite sure what sort of UI we could offer for that. (maybe a way to review the results of an entire test after the fact and undo any of them?)

Average easiness - the average easiness factor of cards studied during the test. (easiness factor = second-order SRS interval, i.e. the factor (divided by 40, by default) by which intervals are multiplied on a correct answer)