Suggestions for used Windows Mobile phone?

Hi All,

I just broke my Palm Treo 650 and am now in the market for a new, I mean used, phone. I have the impression that some or all WM phones have more screen real estate than the Treo, and would love to have larger Chinese characters in Pleco's reader. I currently use T-Mobile (in the US) without a contract and prefer to continue that way. I don't want to pay close to $500 for a new Touch2, which is what they cost without a contract, but I could pay a hundred or two for a used phone with a larger screen. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Douglas

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Well now that we're about to release an iPhone version you could go that route, unless you need flashcards in which case it'll be a few more months of waiting for that - first-gen iPhones seem to be in the sub-$200 range on eBay now and should be fine for running Pleco. (and are T-Mobile-compatible if unlocked)

As far as large-screen WM options, the large screens have only gotten in vogue on WM phones pretty recently (for battery-related reasons I think) - the HTC Touch HD was probably the first widely-circulated really-big-screen WM phone, the original Samsung Omnia might not be too expensive now either though the screen's not quite as big as on the Touch HD.