Stroke change, Configurable buttons, Zhuyin-Pinyin

1) For the Stroke order, it would be nice to have an option to view with a lattice. Something like like this worksheet. "田字格练字纸 http://hktv.cc/cd/aboutpaper.html".
hktv_chinese_practice_paper_0500_tianzigelianxizhi_sheets.gif

This would help getting the proportion correct.

2) Again with the stroke order, is there a way to change the Font so it is not like calligraphy?

3) I'm now living in Taiwan and in the process of learning, the school I will be going to uses both Zhuyin and Pinyin. It would be helpful to have an option to view both at the same time.

4) Depending on the Add-ons that we purchase, the menu changes, so is it possible to have an option there to add a customizable button. Something that we can pick, like for me, changing between Zhuyin and Pinyin. The button would take be right to that option under General, Pronunciation system, or even better a popup.

Thank You
Kevin

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
ohlordamen said:
1) For the Stroke order, it would be nice to have an option to view with a lattice. Something like like this worksheet.

We actually do support that on iOS but it's not very popular - we might consider adding it on Android the next time we revamp stroke order (see below).

ohlordamen said:
2) Again with the stroke order, is there a way to change the Font so it is not like calligraphy?

Not yet, but the new data set we'll (hopefully) be licensing soon should allow for that - the current set is SongTi-style only and the vendor does not seem to be interested in changing it, but we're talking to another vendor who has prettier KaiTi-style data.

ohlordamen said:
3) I'm now living in Taiwan and in the process of learning, the school I will be going to uses both Zhuyin and Pinyin. It would be helpful to have an option to view both at the same time.

This should be an option in our new type design (another line at the top with "ZY").

ohlordamen said:
4) Depending on the Add-ons that we purchase, the menu changes, so is it possible to have an option there to add a customizable button. Something that we can pick, like for me, changing between Zhuyin and Pinyin. The button would take be right to that option under General, Pronunciation system, or even better a popup.

Might be possible, we have to rethink this a bit in general actually - we're at a little bit of an awkward point on Android now because we're still supporting Android 2.x; once we drop that and start requiring Android 4.0 as a minimum, there are a lot of new UI concepts that we can rebuild around.

alex_hk90

状元
ohlordamen said:
1) For the Stroke order, it would be nice to have an option to view with a lattice. Something like like this worksheet. "田字格练字纸 http://hktv.cc/cd/aboutpaper.html".
hktv_chinese_practice_paper_0500_tianzigelianxizhi_sheets.gif

This would help getting the proportion correct.
There is an option for a grid background under "Settings - Dictionary - Definition screen interface - Stroke order diagrams - Stroke order background".

alex_hk90 said:
There is an option for a grid background under "Settings - Dictionary - Definition screen interface - Stroke order diagrams - Stroke order background".

Thanks Alex_hk90 that is exactly what I was looking for and couldn't find. Works perfectly.

Kevin

sandwich

举人
Not yet, but the new data set we'll (hopefully) be licensing soon should allow for that - the current set is SongTi-style only and the vendor does not seem to be interested in changing it, but we're talking to another vendor who has prettier KaiTi-style data.
Is this just a font change or will it include support for the different stroke order standards?