Spaced Repetion System card selection

Ningrich

秀才
Hello everyone,

in the SRS Card Selection, will it do harm to the repetition system to alter the Points Per Day number frequently?
For example, having around 4000 cards altogether, to have a card repetition number of 150-250 per session I'm forced to fine tune that figure between ca. 33 to 37, sometimes on a daily basis.
I wonder if such interference will compromise the algorithm's proper function.

I understand as yet there is no way to set a maximum value of repetitions, as this would defeat the SRS idea?

Thanks so much in advance!
Henning

Ningrich

秀才
One more question: I quit my daily SRS training for approximately two weeks and now the card number per exercise has climbed to over 1700, which is far to much for me to process in a day.
Will the SRS still work fine if I never complete the required amount of cards per day and quit after some 100 cards, leaving 1600 - 1700 cards not revised?
Or is there any other way that you recommend to handle the problem of a load of too many cards?
Thanks!

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Yes, it's designed to work just fine that way. Alternatively, you could go into New Test / Card Selection and temporarily lower the 'points per day' (say to 50) - that should produce fewer cards due; you can then gradually increase it back to 100 as you catch up. (you might also want to limit new cards per day to 0)

Ningrich

秀才
Hello,
after having used Pleco for over 4 years it occured to me that I may have used the wrong rating approach in everyday's flash card SRS review. For the most time I avoided ratings of 6 (Remembered Perfectly) and used 5 (Remembered) very sparingly, probably resulting in too tough a score of my 5000+ cards. Thereyby, I'm facing some 200 daily reviews now, which is too hard to handle. Is there a way to correct this score offset and upgrade every flash cards rating and easiness by a certain share to compensate for that, hopefully resulting in some 50 flashcard reviews per day?

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Yes, you can do that in Organize Cards / Edit / Batch - there's an option there to randomly increase card scores (up to a specified maximum).

Ningrich

秀才
Thanks Mike, just what I was looking for!

Sorry to bother you with two more things:
1) After creating custom dictionary entries (to add specific terms that I didn't find in any dictionary), I can find them by searching for the Chinese expression, but not if I search for the English expression. Am I doing something wrong?
2) Is there a way to set Scoring / Tweak Parameters all back to the default settings? Or else can I look up the values somewhere?

Thank you so much!

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
1) If you turn on the full-text index option for that dictionary in Settings / Manage Dictionaries, that should let you search by English.

2) Create a new profile (New Test / Profile / Manage), then tap on the option to reset that profile to default settings and you'll see an option to reset it to the Spaced Repetition defaults; do that and you can copy down the current default values from that profile.

Ningrich

秀才
Hello,
after installing Pleco to a new device and loading the flashcard backups, the SRS review only shows correct and incorrect rating options instead of the 1 - 6 options. Something seems to have gone wrong?

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Are you sure you’re using the right profile? If so, is “prompt for quality” turned on in Scoring?