Sketchpad Clears Before Next Flashcard

I'm currently studying flashcards on Alternating Mode for a Self Graded test, and when a flashcard comes up testing writing, the character I write on the sketchpad clears after I tap "reveal entire card." This makes it very hard to grade, because I can't bring back up the character I drew to compare it with the correct character.

I can toggle the sketchpad without it erasing the character I drew before I tap "reveal entire card." However, shouldn't I be able to see the character after I reveal the card and before I go to the next flashcard? The user manual says:

[The Sketchpad's] contents are preserved when you exit / reopen it, but they're cleared when you advance to a new card.

Please advise. Thanks! :)

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Yeah, looks like there's a bug there - surprised we missed it, it seems to have been introduced recently but I could have sworn we double-checked that after we changed the code. (and the beta-testers had it for a good few weeks; I know a couple of them used that feature) Anyway, it's already fixed on our end and should be fixed officially in the 2.1.1 update in a few weeks - sorry about that.

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
In the meantime, you could always try a Fill-in-the-blanks test with "Prompt for" set to "Headword" - won't retain the exact strokes you drew, but it will require you to write in / select the correct character for each space.