Setting up deck to be ongoing till the deck is learned

Hi!

Not sure if I don't know how to set this up or is it just not supported.

I used to use those apps in my uni which were kind of like Anki decks but instead of putting off the items to the future they would add a penalty for incorrectly guessed cards and that item would reappear a given amount of times during the same session until I guessed everything correctly given amount of times.

So for example, if I have a deck, I have to guess all of the cards 3 times correctly (score 3), if I guess incorrectly there is a penalty (-2) and the learning session isn't finished until all the cards have a score of 3.

Is that possible to set up in Pleco?

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Not in exactly that way, no. (though it will be possible in our next major update)

Best we could do for now would be to make a test with Card Selection "Random," # of cards "Unlimited," and set up a History Filter to require "not correct in row" >= 3. If you do that and then also reset your scores at the start of the test (Scoring / Scorefile / Manage and tap on Reset Scores for your current score file - you might want to create a new score file for this so you don't delete other useful scores) that should more-or-less give you the behavior you want.

Not in exactly that way, no. (though it will be possible in our next major update)

Best we could do for now would be to make a test with Card Selection "Random," # of cards "Unlimited," and set up a History Filter to require "not correct in row" >= 3. If you do that and then also reset your scores at the start of the test (Scoring / Scorefile / Manage and tap on Reset Scores for your current score file - you might want to create a new score file for this so you don't delete other useful scores) that should more-or-less give you the behavior you want.
Can't wait for the update then, thanks for a workaround!