Search results in Pleco 3.x.x

Feilian

秀才
Hello,
I did not get to thank you for the wonderful job that was done in Pleco 3. The UI is nice and clear, everything is very fast, the display of image for GRH is a tremendous feature. (And I could keep on enumerating !)

Nonetheless I am a little bit confused about th possibilities of search results display.

First, in the screenshot hereunder, there is a small icon for each entry indicating from which dictionnary comes each entry. I do not have it. Was that suppressed ? Or did I miss an option in Settings ?
tapholditem.png

Secondly I am wondering if, in the search results (for a chinese character), it is possible to choose to display : a chinese french dictionnary and a chinese chinese dictionnary (or anything else) and not a single entry under which everything is merge.

Thanks in advance or your help !
Cheers,

Christian

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Thanks!

First, in the screenshot hereunder, there is a small icon for each entry indicating from which dictionnary comes each entry. I do not have it. Was that suppressed ? Or did I miss an option in Settings ?

It actually has a non-trivial performance impact (oddly enough), so we disable it on very old devices in order to improve the speed of search result display / scrolling.

Secondly I am wondering if, in the search results (for a chinese character), it is possible to choose to display : a chinese french dictionnary and a chinese chinese dictionnary (or anything else) and not a single entry under which everything is merge.

Not possible at the moment; we could do it in theory but it's complicated enough that I think we'd need to see a lot more demand for it first.