Seal Script Font Question

I just bot the Seal Script Font. I intended to use it as backgrounds for my Photos, as well as some of my history writings. The fonts work well in Pleco. Some are missing, but such is life.

My question is, how can I port them to Mac OSx? Whenever I try, through email or copy, the font changes to the standard Chinese Fonts on my Mac. Tried to download Seal Font Mac files, but no luck. I know I can copy each character via the "Picture" mode, but that means capturing a bunch of characters (like 20-40 each time) and pasting into my email reader for picture files. Is there something easier? Or a Mac font that would work?

BTW, I also purchase the Kai font a while back, and Mac had a Heiti Kai font, so I was covered there.

Thanks for looking into this.

Wei Chong

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Don't have the rights to use that outside of GR at the moment. I suppose we could theoretically pull characters from it in CHARS if you have GR installed, but not sure if enough people would want them removed from the context of the GRH entry.

Don't have the rights to use that outside of GR at the moment. I suppose we could theoretically pull characters from it in CHARS if you have GR installed, but not sure if enough people would want them removed from the context of the GRH entry.

Is there an equivalent desktop font?

mikelove

皇帝
Staff member
Not aware of any publicly-available one, no - few have been developed for research projects and dissertations and the like but I don't think any of them currently do end-user licensing.